Wedding Reception Forum

decor opinions

So as of now, my fiance and I are looking at local bar/restaurants to have our wedding and reception in . We are in touch with a few locations that can accommodate our guest list of 140.  This will include space for a buffet and seats for all. It doesn't seem as though this will leave room for a dance floor in most spaces. We are ok with this and were planning on using our iPod as opposed to a dj anyways. I am going to be wearing a wedding dress and am leaning toward baby s breath for mine and my lone bridesmaid' s bouquets. these details of my fairly casual wedding lead me to my question... should I have any decorations at the venue? Our top choice is classy with lots of brick and dark wood . There are likely candles on tables etc. and artwork on the walls. Has anyone had a similar type reception? Am in still expected to have centerpieces that pull the venue together? Thanks in advance for any thoughts :)

Re: decor opinions

• I think it would look fine without additional decorations.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If you like the decor at the bar, why would you need addtional decorations?
  • I would have fresh flowers, but that's just me. 

Do what you are comfortable with and can afford. Don't worry what others will think or expect. All that matters is that you are married and celebrating with your loved ones. 

Anniversary
  • My fiance and I are doing something similar...our reception will be on a garden patio at a wine bar! Its already beautiful there and I will be adding very little decor! I will be adding candles FI and I love candles and it gives off great light and just a few little DIY touches to personalize the space, mostly to the tables so they don't look so plain!! Good luck with your planning and congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards