Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Center Piece idea

What do you guys think of this idea for a centerpiece idea? Get small clear glass vases at some place like Michaels and arrange cinnamon sticks in them and tie a ribbon around the neck of the vase. The way I picture it in my head looks nice but a couple people have told me it sounds too plain and blah.

Re: Center Piece idea

• Options

How many were you going to make per table?  It seems like the type of centerpiece where you would need more than one of.  Something like this would probably be similarly priced and would look wonderful.  You could probably make these round in addition to rectangular.

• Options
    You should put one together to see how it looks and determine the cost. One vase of cinnamon sticks on a round 10 person table would probably look sparse. But if that's the look that your after, that's fine.

You could incorporate it into a tablescape. Add some candles of various heights and shapes or pine cones, greenery, bud vases with single flower etc... For some reason New Hampshire makes me think of those old fashioned candy sticks - which could add some color to your arrangement and could double as favors.

There is a DIY board on this site. The women over there might have some ideas.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    OliveOilsMom - that is a beautiful idea.

ETA - I found instructions because I want to try this for a holiday centerpiece.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4557985_make-cinnamon-stick-candle-holder.html?ref=Track2&utm_source=ask

• Options
    SOO cute... I love the idea of them. You do need more then one but super cute! =]

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards