Wedding Reception Forum

Seating Chart Poster - Templates?

I was thinking of doing a seating chart poster instead of the place cards but I don't even know where to begin.  I am trying to design my own so I don’t have to pay to get it made for me.   Does anyone have templates they used instead of creating one from scratch? 

Re: Seating Chart Poster - Templates?

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    I used a foam board from Michael's and printed out each persons first and last name (first name on top with last name right underneath it) and then used a paper cutter from work to cut them into smaller pieces and used push-pins to hold them in place.  I am a "hands on" kind of person so it made it a lot easier for me to be able to see everyone all at once and where they were sitting.  If I wanted to move someone around, all I had to do was pull the pin and stick them somewhere else.  I didn't draw circles or anything like that either, just placed the pins in a circle shape to make out each "table"

ETA:  wait, if you are talking about a seating chart to be displayed at the reception, I made mine on Word, saved it and then took to OfficeMax to be printed on a large piece of paper.  I then bought a fram at Michael's (using a 50% off coupon of course) and placed the paper inside of it, so it was framed and looked nice.

• Do you know what size you used for printing?  I have estimate of 300 guests.

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    Ummmm....I think it was 24x36.  I know, helpful right?  lol 

I know that Michael's has a huge selection of frames.  I would save your chart to Word, then take it to OfficeMax or wherever and explain what you are doing and they can help you format it to line up and look nice.  Sine you have 300 guests, I would get the formatting done first so you can ensure that they will all fit on one page, then see what size you are at.  Then, you can go find your frame. 

I wouldn't have been able to purchase the frame without going to OfficeMax first anyways b/c they changed some of the formatting to make it fit.  We also used a landscape format as well.

If you cannot find a frame that will hold your chart, you could always go to a thrift store and purchase and old window with the frame and use that :)  Not sure if that goes with your decor, but it's a thought

I will send you a PM with a picture of it....it has our first and last names and don't want to post that for obvious reasons ;)

• Honestly, what worked best for me was a huge poster board and post-it notes. Each table was its own post-it (with the names of those sitting there), plus post-its for the bar, dance floor, band, cake table, guest book, and gifts. It was so easy to move things around without having to re-write everything.

Of course, that's after I "seated" all the guests at a table first, using TK's seating chart manager tool.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards