Wedding Reception Forum
Options

addressing place cards

How do we address place cards for a family of 4 with 2 kinds under 5 years old? We have multiple familes of 4 with the same last name.
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: addressing place cards

• Options
    Why can't you use first names? 

Mr. John Smith
    Mrs. Jane Smith
    (children)
    Timmy Smith
    Sarah Smith

OR

Most people assume that if the parent is listed, the children automically sit with them.  So if there is a card for Mr. John Smith and Mrs. Jane Smith, I'm sure they assume their children will sit at the same table.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_addressing-place-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:567d8917-ca23-41f8-a5e3-608ce1a06aa3Post:983c341d-6635-4e79-b16d-322e581bdbc1">Re: addressing place cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why can't you use first names?  Mr. John Smith Mrs. Jane Smith (children) Timmy Smith Sarah Smith OR Most people assume that if the parent is listed, the children automically sit with them.  So if there is a card for Mr. John Smith and Mrs. Jane Smith, I'm sure they assume their children will sit at the same table.
    Posted by littleluckypenny[/QUOTE]

This.  And you can even get away with not including the children's last name since they are listed under their parents.

• Options
    For placecards you could even do The Smith Family.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:addressing place cards:[QUOTE]For placecards you could even do The Smith Family. Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

That won't work in her case as she stated there are multiple families with the same last name.

The suggestion for using first name last name and then the childrens first name only sounds the best to me.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards