Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception After Honeymoon OK?

We live on the coast of NC and are planning a ceremony on the beach with just our parents, siblings and grandparents. No bridal party, groomsmen or anything, just saying our vows. We are both originally from the Raleigh, NC area and would like to wait until after the honeymoon to have a reception there. Most of our family lives in that area and our friends are spread all over so it would be a central location for them to meet. Also, some of our relatives are older, so traveling could be difficult. Would it be tacky to wait a few weeks for the reception?

Re: Reception After Honeymoon OK?

• Options

If you are doing that small of a ceremony then doing a later reception is ok. Most people on here would say against wearing your wedidng dress again. It will be a great gathering I'm sure! It will be much easier doing it that way to get everyone together.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply :) I defintely will not wear the wedding dress again. I'll try to find a nice summery dress. The weddidng dress would be tacky and HOT! It get's so hot here in the summer. It's supposed to be near 100 this weekend. Last year this time we had a whole week of 100 degree days in June!
  • Options
    I think having a celebration (not reception, because a reception should follow directly after the ceremony) after your HM is perfectly fine.  As long as you don't make it "weddingish" with cake cutting, first dance, wedding party, etc you should be fine.

Oh, and do you plan on having something directly after your small ceremony for those guests, like possibly a dinner at a restaurant?  I know you probably know, but you should host something for those that attend your ceremony.**

**I am basically writing that for fellow brides that may not know the whole etiquette thing.

• Options
    Yes! We are trying to decide between an upscale restaurant or one of the funky local restaurants we go to a lot.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment

Sounds like you've got the right idea. I agree about not calling it a reception, but otherwise you're fine!

Lizzie
  • Options
    It's your wedding you're free to do what you want! I personally find the whole wedding/reception/honeymoon concept out-dated. I think you can do it ANY way you want.

I also know a couple that just got married in Mexico and for those of us that couldn't attend they are throwing a "Celebration" now that they are back home. It's a nice way and we don't feel slighted that we were left out of the ceremony.

It's your day and if people are upset at how you are celebrating your special day then maybe they shouldn't be included in it at all!!
  • Options
    yes but it would be just a celebration-not the reception as others above stated.

and ignore martin. troll.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-after-honeymoon-ok?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:5ac0ce49-ccbd-4a35-aa7b-8cb65d8e8359Post:fcfe16d2-f9b1-4791-9203-e6b13f9d69e6">Re: Reception After Honeymoon OK?</a>:
    [QUOTE]yes but it would be just a celebration-not the reception as others above stated. and ignore martin. troll.
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't see how anything I said was remotely trollish.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards