Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Stage Decoration

I am having my reception in a beautiful large hall that almost looks like a theater inside. Because of this there is a stage right behind where the head table would be - we are not allowed to be on the stage. I do not want our dj on the stage either as it is quite large and he would only take up a bit of it. Do you have any ides about what we could do to make the stage seem less huge in the background??

thanks!

Re: Stage Decoration

• Options
    What a pretty hall!  I would say to leave it as is.  It doesn't actually look that strange in the photos.  Another idea is that if you had a slideshow of you & FI (eg, childhood photos), you could set the projector up on the stage, and then use it to project your monogram or something for the rest of the night.  But I generally err toward 'less is more' and in this case, you would be fine NOT filling the space.
  • Options
    bltatabltata member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You could line the edge of the stage with some sort of trees or branches in vases or something.  Just to be directly behind the head table as a backdrop.  That might be especially pretty if the branches had christmas lights or something in them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards