Wedding Reception Forum
Options

toasts?

both my and my FI's parents aren't into piblic speaking, so we are planning on having my cousin (very fun guy who is also great at public speaking, as well as being close to us) do our "welcome speech/blessing". then my sister (who is a BM) do the champagne toast. Followed by the MOH and Best Man speeches. Does that sound like too many speeches? 
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: toasts?

• Options
    Yes it sounds like 2 too many.  Stick to the MOH and BM.  The champagne toast is done during this time, it is not a separate speech.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd let your sister do the welcome speech. Have your MOH give the champagne toast, and then your best man give his toast. 2 toasts is ideal, but 3 would be okay. 4 is too many and not necessary.
  • Options
    Yes!  One toast is too many toasts for my taste but I would really only stick with 2 toasts and those speeches should be short, sweet and to the point.

• Options
    thanks. Not sure why my dj is asking who is doing the blessing and the champagne toast..? I guess we'll speak to him tonight at the final meeting.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_toasts-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:5e31ef75-74b6-4236-8823-b674b9d0dbaePost:afb76e2b-2e4d-44f8-8891-6ee7a472f345">Re: toasts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks. Not sure why my dj is asking <strong>who is doing the blessing</strong> and the champagne toast..? I guess we'll speak to him tonight at the final meeting.
    Posted by kdevin27[/QUOTE]

The blessing is completely different then a toast your MOH or BM may make.  This is usually done by your officiant (if they are invited/coming to your ceremony) or it could be done by a relative.  But, a blessing definitely does not have to be done if you do not want to have it done or cannot find anyone willing to do it.

As for the champagne toast, I do not have a clue as to what that is, in fact this is the first time I have heard about one.

Your DJ has a list of toasts and dances etc that he will ask if and by who will be doing it.  You do not have to do everything on this list.  Do what you and your FI are comfortable with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards