Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Hanging votive holders

Hi,
  I'm looking for hanging votive holders to hang from curly willow.  I can only find them for over $2 each.  Has anyone seen them for cheaper? Here's a pic of what I'm looking for.
Hanging Votive Holders

Re: Hanging votive holders

• Options
    Hi Emmie. I see you are in the Detroit area. There is a store in Centerline called Dealer's Discount Floral. It's on 10 Mile Rd just east of Van Dyke. I have not seen these specific holders, but you can buy the small votive holders with a lip on top (called "flower pot votives") and attach your own wire. These are anywhere from 50 cents to $1 each. They have BOXES of votive holders and other sized candle holders, plus pretty cheap candles too. They also have 2 aisles of wedding stuff. I get lost in the ideas and possibilities  every time I go there 

They don't have a website, and are not open on Sundays. If you want more info, send me a private message, or page me on the Detroit board.

Good luck.
  • Options
    we did hanging voties from curly willow at our wedding years ago. with curly willow you have to be careful-the one in the pic you posted looks too heavy for them. they need to be light and small and have the correct wiring as they'll be lit. a candle that is too hot will damage the wire (melt it or make it soft) and they could fall onto the table. just be sure to get lightweight ones with just tea lights in them.

• Options
    I'm going for a "Country Chic" look and we are using mason jars with bronzed wire tied around the top and creating a handle, then adding votives and hanging from trees, and VIOLA! Google them, you'll find lots of pics on them online. There's inexpensive and so pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards