Wedding Reception Forum
Options

When Are You Doing Your Table Visits?

In order to have a little more time for our picutes immediately following the ceremony, we have opted to do table visits in lieu of a receiving line...I was just wondering about the timeline, though...have any of you done this? What time did you do your visits? I'm trying to decide between right after dinner, or during the reception...hmmm...would love input! Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When Are You Doing Your Table Visits?

• Options
    I'd love to see the other posts on this because I was a little undecided about this as well. I'm pretty sure we will be going our table visits right after dinner. This way most people are still or have just finished eating and will still be seated, but will give us a chance to eat as well. I think if you wait much longer then that guests will be up moving around getting drinks, dancing, etc or possibly even leaving early, so you might miss greeting a lot of people.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2010
    We were pretty casual about it and just went throughout the reception.  We did get to every table, although sometimes separately.  It wasn't really something we planned beforehand in all honesty.  In hindsight, we probably should have gotten up as soon as we finished dinner and started making the rounds--that is a good idea.
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    We're stopping for a bite at our sweet heart during each course, but mostly focusing on going to the tables.
  • Options
    We had a buffet dinner and were the first in line.  When we finished eating we started visiting tables while they were still eating.  We were able to get to every table and it was nice to go around and see everyone.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks, Ladies - you all hit on what was one of my biggest questions...whether or not to start while the guests were still eating. I believe I will. Since we'll be getting served first, we'll likely be finished first...this was very helpful...thanks!!
  • Options
    We did it during dinner.

Like PP, we had a buffet.  They served us, and then started releasing tables to the buffet.  We ate quickly (maybe 10 minutes) and started doing visits as people got back to their tables.  It took us a while, so by the time we got to the end, people were finished eating.  

I thought we were going to feel rushed eating, but the venue gave us some of the cocktail apps as soon as we got there (so we weren't starving), and we just didn't want to waste time sitting there eating.  We took some food with us back to the hotel at the end and ate there.
  • Options
    Great post!! I am glad it was a highlighted one. I was wondering the same thing too!!
    ?The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.?
  • Options
    We tried doing them from the time we finished dinner until everyone left but we kept getting interrupted and never made it to some of the tables.  I would just say that if you decide to do it, don't allow yourself to be distracted by anything until you've been able to get to all of the tables. The evening just went so fast that we couldn't see everyone before it was over.

Fortunately we had done a receiving line so it didn't end up being that big of a deal. 
  • Options
    My fiance is the fastest eater known to mankind, but I'm one of the slowest so I'm a bit worried about getting to all the tables.  Though I have heard of some wedding couples serving the cake to all their guests, as a sort of replacement for table visits/receiving line.  Just wanted to share!
  • Options
    Our venue is taking us to a private room before our intros and we are going to eat our meal then. That way we have all of dinner (if we need it) to go around to the tables. We have so many people from out of town and many people that I have never met from his side of the family so we know it will take a long time to visit. FUN! 7 days!!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    After talking to several of my plan, my fiance and I decided to visit the tables during dinner.  We are having a sit down dinner so we will get served first and then start making the rounds.  We have a salad and  then dinner so hopefully between the two courses we're hoping to hit all the tables.  Thanks for all the extra advice from everyone else!
  • Options
    Awesome feedback! Yes, we are definitely going to do them during the dinner...ours will be a sit down also...thanks so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards