Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Candles for centerpieces?

I'm not really much of a flower girl, and am trying to come up with other options that will still be elegent. I'm thinking candles with maybe rose petals  and tea lights scattered around the base.  For the candle holder I'm thinking something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-WEDDING-ROMANTIC-BEADED-16-1-2-TALL-CANDLEHOLDERS-/390208992190?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ada44b3be
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Candles for centerpieces?

• Options
    I think candles for centerpieces are fine but honestly, that's NMS. 
  • Options
    I like candle centerpieces, but the candle holder you have picked there just isn't my style.

I like something more simple and plain like this...

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I love candles as centerpieces.  Just make sure you check with your venue, some will not allow them.

No, that's not my real name. And FH's name isn't Nun (as in Nun ya bidness) either.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_candles-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:6a605da9-4161-4b57-9011-81b99649a73dPost:1fddbf92-ea5b-4af9-bf3d-e1dc0fdc5566">Re: Candles for centerpieces?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just make sure you check with your venue, some will not allow them.
    Posted by Midgie373[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! If, they do not allow open flames, they always have the flameless candles & tea lights.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    I am doing candles for centerpeices.  We are putting down mirrors and center cande is a swuare gel filled vase candle that our reception hall is providing as part of our package.  Then we are doing frosted glasses that have our names and wedding dates on them, i found them at oriental trading.  We are putting tea lights in them.  Our venus does not allow open flames so we jsut make sure taht the falme isn't about the glass that the candle is in. Then we are scattering rose petals around the table too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_candles-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:6a605da9-4161-4b57-9011-81b99649a73dPost:aed02148-c560-4d61-a982-2d1857afec36">Re: Candles for centerpieces?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Candles for centerpieces? : Ditto this! If, they do not allow open flames, they always have the flameless candles & tea lights.
    Posted by Britt1406[/QUOTE]

My venue said no open flames and I asked for their definition and they said as long a the flames did not go over the holder they were not considered open flames....so I think each venue has different ideas on "open flames" since one venue said any lit candle was...
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    That's what we are doing....comes out a lot cheaper, too!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards