Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Games/Question Cards

We would like to have some vases/bowls placed around with cards that have fun questions on them. People can write their answer and drop it in the vase/bowl for us to read and keep later. This is partly to entertain people while we do post ceremony pictures, etc, and at our reception.

The thoughts are things like: "one piece of advice for the new couple"
"share your favorite memory with the bride and/or groom"
I want to have about 5 of these around. Do you guys have any more ideas that are quirky or fun?

Also, any other similar kinds of games would be fun to have. Looking for all options :)

Re: Games/Question Cards

• Options
    that's not a game to me really-it's like people leaving the advice leaves on a tree which isn't quirky.

many people put those things near the guest book so that as guests sign in they fill out the card.

i'm not a fan of 'games' at a wedding really. not entirely sure what you're looking for here.
    if your guests have to wait while you take pics you should have a cocktail hour with food and drinks-not let them just stand around.

• Options
    I love this idea. Maybe it isn't a game so much as just asking your family/friends to write their wishes for you.

Also, I love games. For my first wedding I made a crossword puzzle with clues about me & FI on the back of the programs. It was silly (which we are) and gave the guests something to do while waiting for the ceremony to start. Do what feels like you, not what other people tell you you should.
  • Options
    I should specify that we have a small group of friends and family in attendance (20) and we're doing a small ceremony and then a small lunch reception at our apartment complex clubhouse. The clubhouse has a pool table and couches with a TV. We're just looking for something to fill in spaces.

Our ceremony is going to be at a green house that has pathways and a very "secret garden" type atmosphere. There are little chairs and tables tucked here and there. We'd like people to relax and enjoy the green house for a little while after/before the ceremony takes place and thought this would be a good way of doing just that.

We don't want to do anything that forces people in to an activity. We just want to provide fun things for us (in reading the cards later) and for them.
  • Options
    if you want them to enjoy the green house area  (which sounds really cute) let them know that and serve drinks and HDs while they wait around. i mean you can't just end the ceremony and then say 'ok people wander around for 2 hours while we take pictures' because that's kindof rude. you need to give the guests instructions and food and drink-people dont like to not know what they're supposed to do at a certain time-it's awkward.

how long in between the ceremony and reception?

• Options
    We'll do the bulk of our photos together before the ceremony. And after will be some of the groups. My friends plan on finishing the reception set up at our apartment complex so people can head over there shortly after the ceremony ends. No need to wait for us. they'll have a pool table, and food/drinks there. The total time in between will be less than an hour since we'll get a lot done first.

I just want people to enjoy the setting since it's pretty. It'll be in the programs and the ushers will also let people know. It's also there for people before the ceremony starts as they come early they can find something to do while waiting (depending on how early they are)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards