Wedding Reception Forum
Options

2 Floors...

A reception site we looked at WITH THE CHEEPEST PRICE :) has 2 floors... a lower level that seats like 80 (famly & bridal party) and an upper level where i was gonna seat friends.. You can look down from the balcony..do you think its wrong to chose this place bc its kind of seperated?
I was gonna have my dj announce when cake cutting is,,,

wine and beer will be upstairs.. and the buffet and punch fountain and dancing will be downstairs..and there is chairs outside to mingle.. do u think this would be a problem..

any advice is greatly appreciated. we didnt say yes to this yet..

Re: 2 Floors...

• Options
    The place for $1500 looks much, much nicer.

Yes I think it would be very strange to separate your guests on 2 different floors. I personally would never consider it.
  • Options
    My reception also has two floors with a balcony overlooking the main floor.  We're accomodating it by putting the DJ on the top floor.  That way he'll be able to look at both upstairs and downstairs to try to merge the groups. 

Also, we're having two bars, one upstairs and one down.  That way anyone can get a drink.  It may still be cheaper to have a second bartender than to go with the more expensive venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards