Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Winter Centerpiece Ideas?

Hi everyone! I'm new here, I've been engaged for about 6 months, but this is my first post here! I've been looking everywhere for some inspiration but haven't had much luck. I'm getting married in January and I am at a loss as to what kind of centerpieces to use at the reception. I've seen a few pictures that I like. I really like the idea of having branches as centerpieces, it sounds weird but I've seen some really beautiful pictures. But, I'm not completely set on that idea. I also love floral centerpieces.

So, my question is, does anyone have any ideas or pictures for centerpieces that will go with my winter theme? My colors are light blue with dark blue and silver accents. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
January 2011 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Bouquet

Re: Winter Centerpiece Ideas?

• Options
    We had a February wedding in Colorado, so very wintery ;)  Take a look at my bio for centerpiece ideas.  Let me know if you have any questions...
  • Options
    I'm having a summer wedding next year, and am doing branches with fresh flowers, and crystals. You can do whatever you want. Don't get caught up in the "buying branches" thing, you can find perfectly good branches in your neighborhood when people start trimming trees in the spring & summer. Spray paint them white or silver, while the paint is damp sprinkle with glitter.

Good luck.
  • Options
    My wedding is in April, but my colors are similar, blue ad white with touches of silver. For our centerpieces, I bought decorative glass bowls and filled them with blue and white polished glass (like you get at Michaels). Then, topped the stones with white candles and tied light blue ribbons around the mouth of the bowls. They look really nice, and could fit a winter theme too with the softer colors.

Or, you could fill bowls with stones and then stick in frosted branches . That would look really pretty too.
  • Options
    a cheap idea:  spray paint branches dark blue, while still wet roll in silver and light blue glitter, arrange in a great vase, with some flower blooms/petals scattered around the base.  Candles at various heights around the base. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • Options
    mewebster - That sounds like a great idea, and also inexpensive. Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2011 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Bouquet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards