Wedding Reception Forum
Options

John Deere Wedding theme need ideas!!

My fiance and I are getting married on June 16th 2012. We both grew up on farms and we met on a FFA trip. I am havin a hard time trying to think of ideas for our wedding. The theme is John Deere and the colors are green and yellow. Any Ideas?
Thanks!!!!
Jen and Joe

Re: John Deere Wedding theme need ideas!!

• Options
    edited November 2010
    How involved do you want the theme to be? Do you want your wedding to have John Deere aspects at every turn or just a few touches here and there?
  • Options
    You could do a John Deere themed Groom's cake or maybe some sort of John Deere cake topper.  Other than that, I would just stick with the green/yellow color scheme for decorations, paper, etc. 
  • Options
    There was a lady at our church whose grandson died one week before graduation.  He was a state FFA officer.  For his funeral, one of the younger ladies in our congragaton made John Deer ties for all of the pall bearers.  She got the fabric at either Wal-Mart or JoAnn's and she said they were very easy to make.  If the guys are in suites, you could probably have someone make the ties out of the logo fabric.   I am not a big logo type of person but these were very tasteful. 
  • Options
    ILoveMilkDuds - your last photo just made my night! bahahaha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with frogurt and milk duds.
    Don't get too crazy with the "theme". Small touches are better.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

You  can try a nice cake topper like this:
    www.coloradocarla.com/tractorfigures%20001.jpg" alt="" width="370" height="553" />

Or use the theme in your STD's or invites...
    http://www.momentaldesigns.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/momental_designs1042.jpg

• Options
    Please do not have your GM wear John Deere ties.

and MilkDuds, love the last picture.  If OP decides to go with John Deere ties, then the BMs should probably go with John Deere dresses. haha.
  • Options
    I love the idea of  John Deere ties, I think it's fun and funky. But if your wedding is a little more elegant with a touch of whimsy I would go with John Deere cuff links.
  • Options

For your centerpieces you could do a cowboy boot filled w wild flowers and tall grass...that way you are still pulling the "country" into your wedding theme but not going over the top w John Deere all over the place...def a cute theme from one country girl to another - although now I have been new jersey-fied haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards