Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Candles?

I kind of have my centerpiece idea done. Only problem is that the candles I used for it are two tone candles and I can't find them anywhere. The candles are light green on top and a darker green on bottom. Do you possibly know where to find two tone candles in these colors or close to it?    Thanks to my mom for putting together the stuff I liked to make this.  : )

Re: Candles?

• Options
    Are you a DIY kind of person?  If so, you can use dye or crayons to make them.  Otherwise, I have no idea.  A couple of my local stores have candles like that.  But I don't think you want to come to North Dakota to get them.

Amazon?
    Michaels?
    Hobby Lobby?

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    Never heard of dye for candles.... Not much of a DIY person but I'll always attempt it. Lol.  Thank you so much for the idea and suggesting places. Don't think I have a road trip planned that way. : )
  • Options
    Where did your mom find the candles?  Could you have them order more for you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    dont know if you have a kohls by you, but try their candle section or browse online. i have some 2 and 3-colored pillars at my house i purchased a couple years ago.
  • Options
    target has two toned candles, i just bought some in different shades of green for my apartment.  Dont remember if they have ones in your colors, but i do know they have the layered kind!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The candles were from a candle plate set that my mom bought years ago. Neither one of us can remember where she got it from. I do have a kohls near me. Thank you for the idea. I've been looking on a few candles websites but most of the candles are only one color. I've been debating on having the larger candle the dark green color and the smaller candle in the light green color. Any opinions? Thank you guys so much for your advice!
  • Options
    Martha Stewart has a tutorial for dip-dying candles. That should work if you can't find exactly what you're looking for at the store.
    http://www.marthastewart.com/268734/dip-dyed-candles
  • Options
    how about a local candle company? that actually makes candles there instead of just orders them.

I have no idea where you live, but there is one candle place right near me, and i am pretty sure they ship, maybe try contacting them.

just an idea!!

Quad City Candle Company
    (563) 284-4126     
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards