Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Providing own alcohol

We are planning on providing our own beer/wine for our wedding. We know how much we want to get and all those details but we are stuck on how to keep it all cold.. This is not by any means going to be a over the top wedding just nice and relaxed, calm, and enjoyable. (not saying that over the top weddings aren't.)

We have tossed around a few ideas so tell me what you think... We would need about 6 Big coolers to keep it all cold which we have 3 and our families have 3 more and they all are similair. We have also talked about getting a brand new stainless steel "tank" (like a cow watering tank) then my uncle would purchase that from us after the wedding for his farm. Any other ideas anyone has about how to keep such a large quantity of alcohol cold for that time? Thanks in advance!
559809_10152275403875517_1123710195_n

Re: Providing own alcohol

• Options
    You can rent coolers from rental companies.  I bet they have a variety of options in different price ranges.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Not sure if this is AT ALL what you are looking for but I saw a pic of a wheelbarrow (new) full of ice and Corona's and limes.  It looked awesome and I can't find it on Google anywhere.
  • Options
    Several huge buckets? I'd hire someone to make sure they stay filled.
  • Options
    Are you having your reception catered?  If so, they may be able to help with that...even if it's just filling one or two coolers and then replenishing them as they get low.

• Options

We are renting a chill table for only $40 for the day. Its a rectangular table and you fill it with ice.. pretty nifty

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_providing-own-alcohol-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:7d6e9086-c9f8-46c5-92c7-b0638a82050bPost:a4373bae-b63e-4c90-b1ed-bf887d2f2617">Re: Providing own alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are renting a chill table for only $40 for the day. Its a rectangular table and you fill it with ice.. pretty nifty
    Posted by rks421[/QUOTE]
    what kind of place are you renting this chill table from?
    559809_10152275403875517_1123710195_n
  • Options
    How much alcohol? Is the beer going to be in bottles/cans/draught? Do you live in a state where self-serve is legal, or are you hiring a bartender to deal with the alcohol you are providing?

I work in the craft beer industry and we're providing our own alcohol, for our wedding this Saturday.
  • Options
    I've seen a couple people take a canoe or kayak and fill it with ice and use that to keep the drinks cold.
  • Options
    We're using coolers to keep everything cold at our wedding. Not all the beer will fit at the begining so we have someone who will man the beverage table and make sure the beer coolers are always stocked. He's also going to make sure that bottle caps don't end up everywhere. He's not a bartender so it isn't going to cost us a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards