Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Types of candy for my candy table...

My colors are clover green, pale blue, and brown. Trying to think of candy for my candy table that will go with my colors without having to special order anything. Any ideas?

Re: Types of candy for my candy table...

• Options
    M&Ms would work, bit size licorrice (spelling??), butterscotch candies in that gold wrapper would compliment your colors nicely.
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Chocolate! You could get the hershey's milk chocolate & those would be brown wrapping, unless you want to make your own, which you can buy labels to print at Michaels.

Oh and at Cracker Barrel they have those little sticks of candy with strips that are all different colors, you can get blue and green.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    Haribo Coke bottles are brown and Delicious!! And candy stores have those green sour candies. And m & M's are really great b/c you can get them in practically any color 
    215 invited image 171 ready to party image 40 Missing out image 4 making us wait image RSVP Date is Oct 23rd
  • Options
    check out candywarehouse.com

I've just started trying to figure out ours for January...you can search by color/size etc. You could do jellybelly, saltwater taffy, m&ms...all sorts of candies in whatever colors you want!
  • Options
    M&Ms (a lot of candy stores now sell more color varieties than what comes in the bag you buy at the grocery store).  Jordan Almonds are classics for weddings.  Jolly Ranchers (need something sour) and Green Starlight mints or Canada mints.  Werther's makes hard and soft wrapped caramels (some have chocolate, some don't). 
  • Options

May I suggest finding jars/bowls that are clear and decorating them in your colors? Or, covering your candy buffet table in your wedding colors draped over boxes of various heights and place your bowls and jars on them surrounded by white Christmas lights.  That would be pretty and would have your colors.

As for candies - stick with individually wrapped candies or chocolates as much as possible.  With something like M&Ms (which I personally LOVE) or jelly beans is you will get kids sticking their hands into the candy and eating it, then helping themselves to more....gets a little nasty!

HTH

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm also doing a candy buffet, so luckily I found this website.  I hope this helps.  :)

Green:  http://www.candywarehouse.com/greencandy.html?page=all

Blue:  http://www.candywarehouse.com/bluecandy.html?page=all

Brown:  http://www.candywarehouse.com/browncandy.html?page=all
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Are you absolutely stuck on a candy idea? I just saw a gourmet popcorn table at a wedding that was super cute and could be made up of many different colors. The couple put a really nice framed picture of themselves on the table along with another framed sign that said ,"thank you for popping in to celebrate with us today." Each popcorn flavor was in a nice clear glass dish with a small silver scoop and a little frame sign with the flavor in front of the dish. I think they had something for all tastes...if you haven't visited a gourmet popcorn store you are missing out...it's fantastic. Just an idea... :)

• Options
    Everyone else took my ideas, but you could make (or buy if you wanted) rock candy in the colors of your wedding.
  • Options
    How did you make your rock candy?
  • Options
    Are you dead set on having candy that matches your colors?

We had a candy buffet and it was a HUGE hit.  But we did not pick candy just in our colors.  We decided to pick our favorite candies.  We threw in some old school candy also.   People got so excited to see their favorite candies.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards