Wedding Reception Forum
Options

whats the best budget white and red wine?

we do not drink so we dont know probably in bulk we need 53 bottle of red and 53 bottles of white wine.
what is the best beer?
45 bottles of champagne

Re: whats the best budget white and red wine?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_whats-the-best-budget-white-and-red-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:7d974f45-e3c9-4648-8421-2909022ea818Post:38e5cbee-867b-4daf-b4f1-cf8c1e34cbd6">whats the best budget white and red wine?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we do not drink so we dont know probably in bulk we need 53 bottle of red and 53 bottles of white wine. what is the best beer? 45 bottles of champagne
    Posted by cookdt5312014[/QUOTE]

I am a huge fan of Barefoot Wine. It's inexpensive and delishious!
  • Options
    Going stateside would be your best option. I second the Barefoot suggestion - their pinot grigio is my favourite pinot grigio. They also do great bubbly wines - there's no need to splurge on AOC champagne.
  • Options
    Trader Joes, Barefoot, and Yellowtail are all cheap wines that are pretty good. 

Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio are good for whites...I'm not a huge fan of cheap reds, but I feel like most weddings usually have a Merlot and a Cabernet Sauvignon options. 

For beer, Miller, Coors, and Bud are cheap options, and they all come in Lite versions. Rolling Rock and Yuengling are good mid priced options. I'm not sure if Yuengling is nationwide, though. It might be East coast only. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Trader Joe's has Charles Shaw in multiple flavors for 2.99 a bottle. I suggest Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Grigio if you go this route, as they tend to be crowd pleasers. They also have a box wine that comes in Shiraz and Chardonnay for 9.99 (it's the equivilent to 4 bottles of wine. Beyond that, they have tons of fantastic wines for less than $5 a bottle. (Green Fin by them makes an excellent table red and white.)
  • Options
    Trader Joes Charles Shaw is $1.99 in California.... I think $2.99 in other states.  It is cheap, and drinkable.  I actually used it for the sangria at my wedding, and generally, people don't hate it. 

Barefoot is another decent, budget option and will be about $4-5 dollars a bottle.

I would maybe go with a cabernet and a chardonay.
  • Options
    I LOVE barefoot. Another idea...get the two buck chuck from trader joe's and get some cute custom wine labels to cover up the labels! (sneaky...)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards