Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding Colors

My fiancé and I are having a hard time selecting our color scheme.  We are getting married at 5:00 p.m. in a garden that has opulent white flowers everywhere and a lagoon.  We have narrowed down the choices for the wedding to the following: Color Scheme 1 -- Sapphire Blue, Aqua and Tangerine. The meaning behind this one is that each of those colors represent a birthstone for us and our kids and us.  I could really pull in the whole blended family meaning with these colors.  My only hesitation with these colors is that it seems like these may be better fitted for a daytime wedding.  Color Scheme 2 -- Black, Buttercream and Blush. I love the elegance of this color combo and I love the damask pattern especially with flirty feathers. I also think that it is a little more formal and evening appropriate.  Please give me your thoughts.  If you have another color scheme that you would like to recommend that is great as well.  Thank you!

Re: Wedding Colors

• Options
    I don't think that the first choice is purely for daytime, however I agree that the second choice is more on the formal side. I think it depends on how you see your wedding style as more fun and free which does fit a garden wedding very well or more formal and classic. If you did the first I would definately have something somewhere explaining the colors because I think that's a really creative idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's lovely and cheery. I understand the elegance aspect might be missing a bit, But the defined meaning you have expressed is so much more. you can make those the colors more elegant but changing the hue slightly. Or taking the darkest color as your base color and using the brighter color like aqua and tangerine as accent and then they pop.   I would not let the time of day deter you from the meaning. AFter all isn't about the meaning of the day. You can pull off the colors you want and still have both. Good luck!
  • Options
    I vote for 2 but that is simply because that is just more my style.  You can use whatever colors you love, regardless of the season or time of day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards