Wedding Reception Forum

Signature drinks for men

Any ideas for a signature drink geared toward men?  Maybe something made with whiskey, scotch, etc.  We are also having a blue vodka lemonade that I'm guessing will only appeal to the ladies. Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Signature drinks for men

• For most of the men I know, the signature drink would be Bud or Sam Adams.  Yes, that's the crowd I share my time with.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Go with the basics - gin & tonic, Jack & coke, Whiskey sour, Bourbon & Sprite.  Others that guys I know have liked are Cruzan lemonade (Cruzan rum, lime juice, sprite, lime), Oasis (gin & tonic with blue curacao) but they would still probably go for liquor neat/on the rocks or one of the basics I mentioned.
  • I'm sorry, but I find this a bizarre question. I've never noticed any difference in drinks that appeal to men and women. I can't imagine what about a blue vokda lemonade makes you think it's more for women than men or what makes a drink more "masculine."  
  • tenofcups, the men I know don't tend to be big on fruity drinks, and a lot of cocktails are fruity.
  • Actually, I've done some research into this, and most cultures have "masculine" drinks (that tend to be stronger and bitter) and "feminine" drinks (that tend to be less alcoholic and sweeter).  They even found a tribe in Africa that has pretty much no contact with other societies that makes this distinction.

Are you doing full open bar, or just beer, wine, and a signature drink?  If it's full open bar and the guys don't want the sweeter drink, they'll just order something else.  I think even if the signature drink were the only option for liquor, guys would either drink it or stick to beer.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If you really want a second option, perhaps you can have your FI's favorite drink.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Maybe the men I know are "more secure" with themselves, but most of the guys I know will drink "girly" drinks, because they taste good. I mean, they don't go ordering Cosmos at sports bar, but they knock back Bay Breezes at weddings where that's the sig drink.

Granted, these guys would never say no to a good old fashioned Jack (or Captain) and Coke or Ginger Ale either .... actually, pretty much any hard liquor mixed with any soda will do.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • HI,

Spiked Arnold Palmers.  Iced Tea Vodka and Lemonade.  Very refreshing for the summer.
  • From what I have seen, men tend to drink beer and hard liquor such as whiskey, bourbon, etc. whereas women generally do not. Obviously every individual, regardless of gender, has their own preferences and does not fit a blanket assumption that many people like to make about them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards