Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Personalized Cocktail napkins - how many?

We are going to be having 200 guests - how many cocktail napkins do you think I will need for cocktail hour?  The venue will provide plain white ones, but I would like to have pretty personalized ones as well.  Thanks!

Re: Personalized Cocktail napkins - how many?

• Options
    Real Simple magazine said two per person. But if you are using the provided white napkins, I'd say 200 so you end up with 400 napkins total. Are you getting them from TK or somewhere else? It sounds like a cute idea!
  • Options
    You need at least one napkin for each drink that will be served.  To be on the safe side, I would assume that people will drink 2-3 drinks an hour (this includes alcoholic and nonalcoholic).  Are you going to have them at the reception bar as well?

Michael's and JoAnn's have some really cute cocktail napkins that are a lot cheaper than the personalized ones. They have ones that say "I do" with a big ol diamond ring, and ones that say, "eat, drink, and be married."  Also, the DIY board has some great tips on how to make them yourself.
    Photobucket
  • Options

It depend on if you will be having dinner napkins also, and what all you want the personalized napkins used for. 

If you are looking for economical, I'd suggest you use the personalized, colored napkins for the cake/dessert, and just order enough to have one napkin per guest (or however many servings of cake/dessert you have).  So 200 guests, and a cake to serve 225 people, I'd order 225 napkins or "round up" the numbers a little, just in case you want a few extra.

But if you want them for cocktails, I'd plan on one napkin per drink served.  I usually calculate 2 drinks per guest per hour.  Some will drink more, and some less, some will leave early, some may not take/get a fresh napkin for every drink they have.

So for 200 guests for a 1 hour cocktail hour, that's 200 X 2 = 400 napkins.  If you will also be serving drinks during dinner, then count every hour drinks will be served.  Which is why I suggest doing them only for the dessert/cake.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards