Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wine bottle guest book

Hi all!  We're hoping to do a wine bottle "guest book," like this one.  My question is -- does anyone have any suggestions for pens that are permanent and write on glass?  I saw something in an old post that Sharpies don't work very well, but all the glass markers I can find seem to be specifically designed to wipe off with a damp cloth.  Anyone have any experience with this?  The Sharpie site says they can write on glass, so I'd like to hear from anyone who has experienced differently . . .

Thanks in advance!

Re: Wine bottle guest book

• Options
    We used metallic paint pens for our river rock guest book. Those would probably work for you as well. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We wrote our menu on old glass windows using Sharpies.  It worked fine.  Acetone (and probably other solvents) will remove the writing, but I don't think water does.  I have used paint pens before for various projects - you can find them at a crafts store, but typically they take a minute or two to dry.  I would just buy a few different colors and types of pens and test them out.  I definitely think you should try Sharpies, though.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wine-bottle-guest-book-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:8afc5286-bdf6-49dc-a677-8bdbac560135Post:d831b2ea-2dbd-43c4-a555-d9912afa8c2a">Re: Wine bottle guest book</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sharpies clean off glass pretty easily. If you want the writing to stick metallic paint pens like Addie suggested might be your best bet. I'd grab a bunch of different ones from the craft store, try them out, and then exchange the ones that don't work for more of the ones that do.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]
    This is my experience too.

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your help!
  • Options
    i'd stick with sharpies (paint pens sound messy for guests...but maybe that's just me!)

is there some sort of sealer you could paint over the sharpie with afterwards? that might work...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards