Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding decoration idleas....

Hello ladies, my wedding is n 150 days. my wife and I are going to the courthouse to get marriage. but i so want a wedding reception...we are working with a very limited budget. We are not having a caterer. Family and friends will be cooking. i want a hall or Bbq backyard reception. It maybe about 75-100 people.
Family will help us with decoration. i just not sure on colors. i was thinking white, pink n maybe blue.
What I want centerpieces thar have floating candles/ maybe fish is it as well. I just need a lil help with styles on centerpieces and table sit up looks

Would need someone to set up food with hot chaffing dishes, and nice table cloths to cover all tables used. Also would like caterer to provide all utensils/plates/cups and a variety of drinks (i.e, water, tea, coffee, ice tea). An insured caterer is desirable. Looking for total cost to be below $700 including tax/gratuity/delivery charges, etc

Re: Wedding decoration idleas....

• Options
    You need to post this on your local board.

And then never, ever, ever mention fish on TK
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-decoration-idleas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:8fb730b0-3668-4505-b215-2d9e2b75fe4aPost:5e937765-4909-4848-9e48-dae00bf95e2e">Re: Wedding decoration idleas....</a>:
    [QUOTE]You need to post this on your local board. And then never, ever, ever mention fish on TK
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hahahaha. You're right. </div><div>
    </div><div>OP, what are you going to do with these fish after the wedding? What are you going to do if one dies or craps during dinner? Just let it float there? Fish are ALIVE. Please treat them as such and please, PLEASE do not put fish in your freaking centerpieces. </div>
  • Options
    Your desires and your budget don't match.   Could you recruit reliable acquaintenances to set up and shut down?
  • Options
    For the budget I would try to skip the caterer all together. It sound like you have the hard part figured out anyway for providing the food. You can rent linens, coffee urns, etc, and just have a trusted friend fill them up. For this more casual style of reception, I think most people wouldn't mind participating and having a little job to do to help out.
  • Options
    As an alternative to fish, you could use flowers, berries, or chrystals in the glass with the floating candles. You could place the centerpiece on a mirror to add extra sparkle.
  • Options
    No fish!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards