Wedding Reception Forum
Options

tables in need of color

My FI and I met with our venue this week and they are providing the linens. When we booked we were assured that could get us any color we want so we paid for overlays as well as chair covers and sashes. Now we have found out that linens are not available in our colors Teal and Aqua ( DB Oasis and Pool) and in no colors that are remotely close. So we had to go with all white linens including white sashes for the chairs. Our centerpieces are shades of pink flowers but I want to find a way to get teal and or aswua onto the tables too..any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: tables in need of color

• Options

Napkins (but you may be including napkins when you say linens)
    Rose petals
    Votives/candles
    Menus,favors, or table numbers (if you're doing them)
    Depending on your centerpiece vases, you could do aqua ribbon around the vases

• Options
    We can't afford the colored linens so to add a little color, I'll be buying some "special occasion fabric" at JoAnn Fabrics.  For the 60" round tables, I'll do a 48" square and put it right in the middle of the table and put the centerpieces right on top of it. 

If the color of your linens are mentioned in your contract, maybe you can fight and have the venue eat the cost of renting them from elsewhere.  It will be a fight, though.
  • Options
    Menu cards, confetti scattered on tables, ribbons on any favors, chargers, rocks in candle holders, butterflies added to floral arrangements, ribbons tied to the white napkins or napkin rings.  There are also a few blue flowers that you could ask the florist to try to incorporate into your arrangements. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards