Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Menu Card Ideas

My guests have been given the option between 2 appetizers and 2 entrees (no choice for dessert) and I would like to have a menu card on each person's place setting.

The issue I have is I would like to have personalized menus for each guest and also something visual on the menu that will cue the server (e.g., a line or an object) so that they do not need to ask the guest what they ordered. Because the menus are different for everyone, is there a way I can subtly out something on each menu that will stand out for the server and won't look out of place on the card?

Thank you for your suggestions :)

g. xx

Re: Menu Card Ideas

• Options
    edited April 2011
    IMO, subtly isn't a great for this purpose.  You end up with a bunch of servers leaning over each guest trying to view their "icons" and they end up asking the guest what they ate anyway.

I've seen it done where the menu has a ribbon embellishment (stripe, bow, etc) to denote which entree.  We're just using different colored cardstock for the menu.  Fuschia for beef, lavendar for fish, gray for chicken.  Works pretty well for low light and easy viewing from afar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_menu-card-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:985e95ac-533e-4c94-b391-c871c21e07d8Post:39e9bef7-4bae-48ba-bb36-be469b38e717">Re: Menu Card Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMO, subtly isn't a great for this purpose.  You end up with a bunch of servers leaning over each guest trying to view their "icons" and they end up asking the guest what they ate anyway. I've seen it done where the menu has a ribbon embellishment (stripe, bow, etc) to denote which entree.  <strong>We're just using different colored cardstock for the menu.  Fuschia for beef, lavendar for fish, gray for chicken. </strong> Works pretty well for low light and easy viewing from afar.
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

This...
  • Options
    I like PP's ideas.

I got my menus free from vistaprint.  They call them "rack cards".  All I had to pay for was shipping.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards