Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception food ideas??

Hey guys!! We have gone back and forth on food for our reception. We finally decided on something fun like hamburgers and hot dogs since our wedding and reception are going to be outside. I'm stuck on the sides we should do and how many sides we should have? Should we do cold sides, hot sides, or a mix of both? Also, how do I make it seem a little more classy, so people still know there at a wedding! :)  
Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception food ideas??

• Options
    If you're doing relaxed food like burgers and hot dogs, I would do sides that fit that food style. Pasta salad, fries, fresh veggies/fruit. You could do roasted veggies of some type and some kind of roasted potato. It's a relaxed style of meal, so it might not be real easy to make it look "classy".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-food-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:9997da92-fe8f-4eb0-9f7b-d15333334b8ePost:424ce6f9-fc14-49bc-8a0c-4b89bec28090">Re: Reception food ideas??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're doing relaxed food like burgers and hot dogs, I would do sides that fit that food style. Pasta salad, fries, fresh veggies/fruit. You could do roasted veggies of some type and some kind of roasted potato. <strong>It's a relaxed style of meal, so it might not be real easy to make it look "classy".
    </strong>Posted by mary9449[/QUOTE]

i agree with this. unless its like grade A+ prime burger or something. keep it relaxed and enjoy it! could you also add grilled chicken?

maybe you could also do veggies on the grill?
  • Options
    I would do classics but a little more upscale. Maybe a red skinned potato salad or steak fries with rosemary. Corn-on-the-cob cooked on the grill would be nice too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For some reason mac and cheese comes to mind. Not sure if that's classy, but it might be cute and I've heard it being done at weddings. Grilled veggies also sounds good!
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-food-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:9997da92-fe8f-4eb0-9f7b-d15333334b8ePost:18a5d956-9007-49f9-a755-099df5251633">Re: Reception food ideas??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do classics but a little more upscale. Maybe a red skinned potato salad or steak fries with rosemary. Corn-on-the-cob cooked on the grill would be nice too!
    Posted by misssimone[/QUOTE]

I like the upscale classics idea and upscale doesnt mean more expensive either just done better.

Who will be cooking the food? Is this a DIY dinner?

Other good ideas is you can have a salad bar make your own salad. Im all for the stations. Its fun and everyone gets what they want. You could even bake potatoes on the grill and have a station with all the toppings. I just grilled artichokes last night. OMG they came out so good and looked classy with my homemade basil mayo dip. Found the recipe online.

I seen on here some brides that had the hamburgers and hotdogs and it came out really nice. Alot of them had the smaller hamburgers IDK why but small seems more elegant to me lol. Another thing with bbqing is you could have kabobs chicken steak veggie shrimp. its not too expensive for chicken ones and looks nice and cooks easy.  HTH
  • Options
    We decided on hotdogs and hamburgers for ours too Smile
    Just adding a bit of garnish can make nearly any dish look classy and the best part is it's really easy to do! There are a million spins on classic recipies that everyone on here keeps suggesting all you need to do is a little search. Oh and sweet poatato fries are also a fun spin off of the classics as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards