July 2012 Weddings
Options

Thank you gifts for a shower?

Sorry if this has been talked about already...I know a few shower threads happened last week.

What are you getting your shower hostesses for a thank you gift?  I am having my first shower this weekend with Fi's side of the family and I am stumped.  His 2 aunts are hosting and I don't know them that well.

268 Invited image 92 Attending image 21 Declined image Still Waiting 155 image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

http://megananderic.weebly.com/index.html

Re: Thank you gifts for a shower?

• Options
    I am just sending a thank you card to everyone in my bridal party.  I never received a gift when I threw their showers so they are not getting one from me.  They will get their bridal party gifts the night of our rehearsal dinner.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for asking this question too.

I am a bit freaked out- my MIL apparently knows the entire town and I'm going to have a total of 5 showers. No same people will be invited to more than one shower though.

1. Hosted by MIL's co-workers
    2. Hosted by MIL's closest friends
    3. Hosted by MIL's family (combined showers for me and FI's cousin)
    4. Hosted by my aunt & friends
    5. Hosted by my MOH's mom

I honestly have no idea what to do for the first 2 showers- I don't really know those people :(

Would like to see what typical gifts are for the hosts.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My sister, who is also my MOH, threw my family/friend shower. I bought her a nice gift certificate to a local spa, and put a package together with some soaps and spa things. On the card I wrote, "Now that you've pampered me, go have fun and pamper yourself!" She loved it and I felt like it was just enough to show my appreciation.

For my work shower, there are so many people that I work with, that I thought I would bring in donuts/muffins to work with a sign that says thank you for the wonderful shower. That way everyone can enjoy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-gifts-for-a-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:64c8920d-9cb1-499d-bb31-2663e65f60b3Post:b7c5462d-1750-443e-951e-3c7d59e8f3ea">Re: Thank you gifts for a shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister, who is also my MOH, threw my family/friend shower. I bought her a nice gift certificate to a local spa, and put a package together with some soaps and spa things. On the card I wrote, "Now that you've pampered me, go have fun and pamper yourself!" She loved it and I felt like it was just enough to show my appreciation. For my work shower, there are so many people that I work with, that I thought I would bring in donuts/muffins to work with a sign that says thank you for the wonderful shower. That way everyone can enjoy.
    Posted by newenglandorr[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the pampering idea!!

My cousin is throwing mine and she has 3 daughters who will be helping with the shower. I am not sure if I need to thank all of them. I had originally thought a really nice flower arrangement or perhaps a potted plant, but now I am not sure.

MEKIAKOO THAT IS AN INSANE AMOUNT OF SHOWERS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-gifts-for-a-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:64c8920d-9cb1-499d-bb31-2663e65f60b3Post:14243eb6-a8ef-4e71-b8c8-c89b559e92b4">Re: Thank you gifts for a shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am just sending a thank you card to everyone in my bridal party.  I never received a gift when I threw their showers so they are not getting one from me.  They will get their bridal party gifts the night of our rehearsal dinner.
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

This. My mom was the true host, and I know she doesn't want me spending money on a gift for her due to my financial situation right now anyway. All of my BMs had a role organizing some aspect of the shower or bachelorette, but didn't really host it, so I think a card is fine. They will be getting gifts at the wedding for being a BM.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mom and sister are hosting my shower, so I was thinking of sending them flowers at work the next day. Someone mentioned that on this board awhile ago I think! I really like newenglandorrs spa idea, too! So cute :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    For my first shower we got my moms cousin a nice vase. (originally like $35 on sale for $6!!!) For the second I'm just going to send my BM's a card. I can't afford to get them gifts for this and the wedding, which I'm sure they understand.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I already gave my gift to my sister who is hosting the shower that will happen in a couple weeks. It was a 6 month subscription to Birchbox. She loves to try different beauty products so it was perfect for her. It's a box of 4-5 large samples of beauty items, tailored to the gift recipient based on a beauty profile they fill out.  Each month is $10, so she'll get boxes for 6 months. You can also buy a 3 month subscription or a 1year subscription. This would also be a cute idea for bridesmaid gifts.

www.birchbox.com
  • Options
    holy cow!! 5 showers!!! Are all of these people invited to your wedding??
  • Options
    I bought some fun girly wines for my hosts and of course a card.
  • Options
    Wow, the idea of flowers at work is great!  I live out of state from my hometown and my Godmother & personal attendant are throwing the shower.  I'm bringing them baskets of homemade (certainly not by yours truly) gifts from Colorado (where I live).  I'll throw in things like a jar of honey, some local chocolates, handmade soaps, hand stitched tea towels, etc.  I think they'll enjoy the simplicity and it will go with my "rustic" wedding theme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're having a non-traditional shower. We are having a co-ed shower that will be open to everyone. We are having a small (100 guest) wedding and wanted to include all of our friends in the shower. Instead of gifts we are asking guests to bring a donation to the food cupboard at our church. My MOH is throwing the shower and we decided to make a donation in her honor to the food cupboard.
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards