Wedding Reception Forum
Options

BYOB venue...

Hi everyone,

Our reception venue is BYOB. We will have a keg or 2 and provide champagne for the toast, and a few varieties of wine. On our wedding website we have included this infomation and it reads as:

"Our reception venue is BYOB, however we will have a variety of wine, champagne for the toast and beer available. If you would like to bring something other than what we will be providing, feel free to do so. Glass bottles are not allowed and security will be on site per venue policy. "

Does this sound ok or is it too tacky? I wasn't sure whether to post this here or on the etiquette board but thought this was the better fit. We want our guests to know that we won't be providing any other alcohol than what is listed above but that our venue does permit BYOB and security will be around.

Re: BYOB venue...

• Options
    Um what are they supposed to bring that isn't in glass bottles?  Boxed wine?  A 6 pack of beer?  Practically all wine and liquor comes in glass bottles.

Will you be providing mixers?  If you are, I would mention that.

PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I wouldn't write that anywhere and just host what you can afford.
    Lizzie
  • Options

I thought the same thing when the owner was explaining everything to me. She said cans are fine and a lot of alcohol comes in plastic bottles (including some beer bottles now) but that doesn't cover all types of alcohol obviously. I guess the cleanup is a huge mess and people don't seem to pick up after themselves when they break bottles, posing a huge liability. No, we aren't providing anything other than what we stated above.

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_byob-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:9f24c444-e96f-4b95-9b72-e2eb741293b8Post:abe0f591-ff84-4ee5-94d0-57109b9f5c69">Re: BYOB venue...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought the same thing when the owner was explaining everything to me. She said cans are fine and a lot of alcohol comes in plastic bottles (including some beer bottles now) but that doesn't cover all types of alcohol obviously. I guess the cleanup is a huge mess and people don't seem to pick up after themselves when they break bottles, posing a huge liability. <strong>No, we aren't providing anything other than what we stated above.
    </strong>Posted by rkw0717[/QUOTE]

That's fine. But that's all there should be then. Writing anything on your wedding website about your reception, which is the thank you to your guests for attending your ceremony, being BYOB would be odd and rude.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    ok thanks! I changed it to "There will be food, drinks and dancing so come ready to have a great time! A variety of wine, champagne and beer will be available."

Thanks for the input. Didn't want it to sound tacky but didn't want people assuming there would be a cash bar or an open bar, but I think this is pretty straight forward.
  • Options
    We had the same deal -- wine, beer, some champagne. It was BYOB but we didn't tell people to bring their own. EVeryone was quite fine drinking what we had!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_byob-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:9f24c444-e96f-4b95-9b72-e2eb741293b8Post:1971262d-bdf9-42dd-85df-a893fb08f580">Re: BYOB venue...</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok thanks! I changed it to " There will be food, drinks and dancing so come ready to have a great time! A variety of wine, champagne and beer will be available."   Thanks for the input. Didn't want it to sound tacky but didn't want people assuming there would be a cash bar or an open bar, but I think this is pretty straight forward.
    Posted by rkw0717[/QUOTE]

<div>This is fine. However, I am looking for a venue that will allow me to BYOB (as an option). It would be nice for me to know that upfront. I would like for drinkware to be provided. Not that it has to be glass but I would like to know there would be Martini plasticware or something of that nature. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards