Wedding Reception Forum
Options

marriage then a wedding????

2»

Re: marriage then a wedding????

• Options
    If you are high risk enough that you shouldn't be out of bed much and can't have the ceremony you want, then maybe just wait until a month or two after the baby is born and have a small wedding. If you are able to, have a small wedding before. My good friend got married at 8 months pregnant and looked super cute, had 35 people at the ceremony, and then a nice dinner at a nearby restaurant. It was one of the best weddings I've been to, and I am actually using hers as inspiration for my own. Just concentrate on staying healthy for your baby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like ceramic roosters, too!!

I have an awful feeling I'm going to get flamed for this... but... what if the OP wants a wedding in a church later for it to be, for lack of a better word, more 'real'. Or accepted by her family?

I agree with Orangehills on this one - I'd opt for having a small wedding at 8 months. Plus, I can't imagine having an infant AND trying to plan a big wedding. Madness! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_marriage-then-a-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:9f75497f-dc9a-44a9-8e8c-e41a24c696adPost:6e903874-c525-466e-893d-0d9fa3edc37c">Re: marriage then a wedding????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like ceramic roosters, too!! I have an awful feeling I'm going to get flamed for this... but... what if the OP wants a wedding in a church later for it to be, for lack of a better word, more 'real'. Or accepted by her family? I agree with Orangehills on this one - I'd opt for having a small wedding at 8 months. Plus, I can't imagine having an infant AND trying to plan a big wedding. Madness! 
    Posted by DisneyAsh[/QUOTE]

<div>Then she can get married in a church to begin with, or have a pastor come to her home. Many people have done this. My own grandparents met the minister at church on a Tuesday, got married, and spent one night in a hotel about an hour away for their honeymoon. I don't think they actually had anyone come to the wedding apart from the necessary witnesses.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:marriage then a wedding????:[QUOTE]I can't believe how many people got fired up over this. I won't give you my opinion, just my personal experience and hopefully it helps.

My husband and I are both in the military. When he received orders to Hawaii, before we got married, I was devastated because he was going to be so far away. We were already planning a wedding for Sept of 2013, but then this came up. We got married, just the two of us.. JOP style. We only told a select few and couldn't be happier. As for my wedding in 2013.. it's still on. For the record.. it's a WEDDING and not a renewal of vows or anything like that. Most people invited won't even know that by that time we will have been married for over a year. I love them, but it's not their business.

I hope this helps. It's your life, do whatever YOU want to do. Posted by KaySGines[/QUOTE]

Whether you like it or not, the day you legally become husband and wife is your wedding day. A wedding CEREMONY is the WEDDING, no matter how small or large it is. The reception is a party to celebrate your WEDDING and thank your guests for coming to watch you get married.

P.S. I would never ever appreciate being lied to if I was in your family or your close friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards