Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Beware Fontana's Italian Restaurant in Jacksonville,FL

My daughter got engaged last year to a lovely young man I was proud to call son. We have been busy planning a perfect wedding for the two of them, on the beach with a small cozy reception following.  We were so excited about that day to come.
Tragically, just days before the wedding the groom went unresponsive, lapsed into a coma and died from Meningitis.
Every vendor we had hired immediately offered a full refund as well as sympathy. These vendors are S&B Wedding Images, D.J. Nate McKendrick, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office,  Officiant Michael Scaliatine, as well as the Dolphin Plaza at Hanna Park.
This poor bride not only lost the love of her life but the wedding every little girl dreams of.
Fontana's restaurant never offered a refund or condolences. When I contacted them initially about a refund I was told "We'll get back to you." After 2 days of leaving messages I finally was able to speak with Carlos the mgr. who very rudely told me I wasn't entitled to a refund because it wasn't their fault the wedding had not taken place. There was never a final signed contract.
All refunds collected are going to this bride who is trying to rebuild her life after this tragedy. I just wish the people at Fontana's had some heart like everyone else.

Re: Beware Fontana's Italian Restaurant in Jacksonville,FL

• Options
    That is so sad about your daughter.

I would recommend you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  If there was no signed contract, I don't see what leg they have to stand on.  Also, it would be helpful if you posted this on the local board.  This board is international, so your post would be most helpful on the board where the Jacksonville girls post.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First my condolences to your DD and to you on the loss of her FI, your FSIL.  I can't begin to imagine the horror and anguish you all experienced.

I'd also post this on a local Jacksonville area board where people will know this vendor.  This board is international, so your story would mean far more to people in your area than to me~I live in NJ.

Shame on this restaurant, shame on them.  You and your DD will be in my prayers.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards