Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Something different every 30 minutes

So I'm messing with a rough draft of my timeline, and I remembering hearing something about David Tutera suggesting that "something different should happen every 30 minutes," so that's what I'm attempting to do.

I want to do this because I think he's right, if I went to a wedding where something different happened ever 30 min it would certainly make the night more fun for me. In fact one of the things I hate is when weddings have long periods of nothing happening. Plus we are not having alcohol or a DJ, instead we're having a coffee bar and an acoustic singer (who is a friend), so we don't really expect too many people to be distracted on the guest floor.

So far I've been doing good. but I have a one hour gap where nothing new happens (not counting 45 min for our plated dinner), can you guys think of any creative (and cheap!) ideas to fill that gap? I know that everything will go fine and good if i don't fill. I am not worried about, but I figure that I made it this far, be a shame to not fill it.

Here is what I've got so far:

7:30pm – Entrance/Dinner is Served (soft music from IPod playing in background)8:15pm – Speeches
8:30pm – Special Dances
8:45pm – Music starts
9:00pm – Coffee Bar Opens
9:30pm –
10:00pm – Cake is Cut
10:30pm – Bouquet Toss 11:00pm – Departure
Thanks

Re: Something different every 30 minutes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards