Wedding Reception Forum

"funnest" thing you've ever done at a wedding?

What are some neat things you've seen or done at past weddings that you walked away thinking, wow, that was a LOT of fun?

Re: "funnest" thing you've ever done at a wedding?

• Honestly, all I'm looking for is an AWESOME band or dj. And good drinks. If I can have a few drinks and dance like a fool, that is a fun wedding to me.
    imageimageimage
  • I agree with PP.  For me, the weddings that I leave saying "That was a great wedding!" are ones where the couple has taken the time to plan a seating chart that puts me at a table where I'll be with people I'll enjoy.  There's good food, good drinks, and a dj that knows how to get a crowd going.  Oh-and a bride and groom who take the time to spend a couple of minutes with me.  To me, that was a fun wedding.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • The most fun I've had at a wedding was having a few drinks and hitting the dance floor when the DJ really knew what he was doing. 
  • Fun = great dance music, either from a band, a dj, or even an ipod

Fun = great drinks  Beer, wine, or hard liquor; just don't ask me to pay for it

Fun = great food  It doesn't matter if it's a plated meal or a buffet

Fun = spending time talking with family and friends

Fun = a gracious bride and groom greeting all of their guests
  • Can't beat dancing. Otherwise, socializing with other guests. I haven't seen other activities at weddings, nor do most people choose to do so.
  • I like it when the DJ isn't so loud that I can't hear myself think. FI and I aren't dancers, so we appreciate being able to talk to people.

It's also nice when there's a cool variety of food during the cocktail hour (we're from New Jersey so cocktail hours here are typically quite elaborate). It's neat when you get an action station like a pasta bar, or a fun passed hors d'oeuvre like mini cheeseburgers.

We attended a wedding that had a boardwalk-style photobooth, and thought that was cool.
  • So at my sister's wedding the bridesmaids made a dance up for her (I was unaware even though I was the MOH) to "I believe in a thing called love" by the Darkness. They told be about almost a minute before they were going to "perform" it, and since I was a few drinks in, I decided to join in on the fun and learn what I could fast! It was HILARIOUS trying to keep up with them, plus I thought I was doing super good...until I saw the video later! It made for a great time that people were talking about for a while.
  • The most fun I had at a wedding was when the DJ put on the Time Warp, and I hopped into the middle of the circle and did what I could remember of Columbia's choreography.  The memory still makes me smile.

Spontaneity is fun.  Planned, choreographed "fun" activities are not.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards