Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Fireworks!

I don't know if this is a great place to post this but, has anyone had fireworks for your reception?  I want a two minute or so show to music to end the night before we drive off and don't really know where to start.  I also know that the cost could be a little exorbitant but still really like the idea.  Does any one know any good companies?  If you had them at your reception, what was the cost and what did you get?  Most of all was it worth it?  Thanks to any one with any info!

Re: Fireworks!

• Options
    First I would check with your venue to make they allow it. Second, I would definitely hire an experienced company to take care of it for you. Third, I'd try posting this on your local board to find said experienced company. 

Good luck! =)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    This is something we were getting pressured to do, and our venue was willing to work with us, but it just seemed so over-the-top to DH and me.  We got married July 3rd, so it could have seemed seasonal, but we thought it would still seem excessive.  It did not go with the feel of our wedding at all, either.  

If you want to pursue it, I would ask the venue if it's even something they would allow, and, if so, see if they have vendor recommendations.  Depending on what kind of area you are in, you might be able to ask the town office who they use for fireworks if they hold July 4th displays or something like that.

ETA: Sorry if this is still showing up as a double post to anyone, I am having some TK issues right now.
  • Options
    You want to check your state and county laws before you look into fireworks. One place I looked into started at 2000. If you wanted something lighter, you can give your guests sparklers instead of rice or bubbles for your send off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards