Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Acorn Bridal - rental jewelry!

What do people think about this?  You can now "rent" jewelry like celebs do for your wedding.  I didn't read any of the fine print, I was just doing some browsing.The site is www.acornbrides.comI think it's hard to fathom paying $100, $200, $300 on a rental piece but to wear AMAZING jewels on your day?  I may have considered this. 

Re: Acorn Bridal - rental jewelry!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its a good idea. I would consider it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a deposit on earrings and then ended up canceling it.The thought of not seeing my earrings until 2-3 days beforethe wedding made me stress out and worry.It was with Adorn Brides (maybe it was a typo).  They actuallyoffered me a $100 gift card if I did not cancel, and I wasSO happy I did, I found amazing earrings and made theright choice.Also, the concept of me renting jewelery for some reasonREALLY bothered my mom.  I never really got into why, butwhen I told her I canceled, she was SO relieved and "proud"of me ...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely!Hell...at one point I made my then FI call the jeweler to see if we could rent something from them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahahaa kiki - you are totally right, it is adorn bridal!  I totally mis-read it!  I loved my earrings and I'm glad that I still have them.  I paid about $250 and while I would love to sell them and recoup some of the money, I just can't do it.  So I totally get having your "own" earrings versus a rental.  And not seeing them is totally scary to me as well.I would have loved real diamonds though :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am seriously considering it.  I called a few jewlers in the area to see if they rent but no luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definately considered doing this, but I didn't find anything I 'loved'.  I actually just bought a pair of Swarovski earings and the crystals sparkle like crazy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards