Wedding Reception Forum
Options

announcements

This may be a silly question, but how soon or late should we post our engagement in the newspaper? We've been engaged for 9 months already and the wedding is in June of 2014.

Re: announcements

• Options
    A lot of things can happen in over a year. I would wait until less than a year out from your wedding date. Engagement announcements are not traditional in my area, so you may want to ask on your Local Board
    <-----------
  • Options
    Our local paper has a policy. They print engagement notices the month before the wedding. Check with your paper to see if they have a policy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It really depends on how many out of town guests are coming and how far away your wedding will be.
    If it's a destination wedding I'd give it a good 6 months, traditionally I believe a normal wedding it 2 to 3 months ahead.
     If you have out fo town guests I'd just give them a call to warn them about the details of the wedding so they can plan before the invites are sent out.
    I know my work requires I give advanced warning if I want more than 2 days off in a row so if I had to take a plane or drive over 100 miles to go to a wedding I'd want some warning to make sure I don't have to work or if I were older and had medical problems flying ect.
     I'd need time to plan. So just keep your guests in mind.
  • Options
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards