Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Help! Need Ideas for Mantle Decor!!!

I am getting married in a museum that is an old house that is not being used currently. There are a ton of fireplaces with just blank mantles (no pictures, mirrors, etc.). Anyone got some cost effective ideas for that??? THANKS!

Re: Help! Need Ideas for Mantle Decor!!!

• Options
    We also have a fireplace mantle that I plan on decorating. I am planning on getting one of our engagement pictures blown up and placed up there. Then around it I am having some red roses in vases (not sure yet if they will be fake or real) then I am having candles scatted around as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You could do a garland for each mantle.  You could pick up some evergreen garland in the post-Christmas sales if your wedding is in fall or winter, or you can find garlands of silk flowers at most craft stores.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    We did pillar vases with floating candles of various heights. The picture above the mantle was there and we weren't allowed to remove it -- otherwise we probably would have.

I think it turned out nice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards