Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Please help me - need all rememdies

I am sooo incredibly hungover on wine - ick! So nauseous. I have sweet weak tea, water and ginger ale trying to figure out which ones will make me feel better. Am I missing anything? I feel like shiit.

Re: Please help me - need all rememdies

• Options
    edited December 2011
    gatorade works for me everytime... GL!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yuck, Val.  Unfortunately, the only "cure" that's ever worked for me was getting a little something in my stomach (ginger ale, crackers with jelly) and sleeping it off :(  Feel better! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ahh, gatorade. I knew I was forgetting something. thanks girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Foutain Soda!
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mcd's egg mcmuffin and a fountain soda. not good for you but the grease and carbonation always seems to help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm starting to get at the hungry stage but still a little queasy.
  • Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto cand - you need grease
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, McDonalds always helps me too!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately val, even all these things will only be temporary. I'm obsessed with some food science show, and they did a segment on hang overs, and cures.Unfortunately, anything you put in your body when you have a hang over, makes you feel like you are getting better. Your body just transfers trying to break down the alcohol, to breaking down the food you put in. As soon as it breaks down the food, it then goes back to breaking down the alcohol... and until you fully break down all the alcohol, you won't feel better, the discomfort will just be postponed.The only thing to do is take tylonal for your head ach pain, and gatoraid or pediolite to replace electrolites/hydrate you... as you may be dehydrated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well that sucks :( Garden Herb triscuits and ginger ale are cutting it for me now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My preference is bacon, egg and cheese with vitamin water.
  • Options
    tracyd21tracyd21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coke syrup - I think it's sold in some pharmacies behind the counter.  I haven't tried it, but my co-worker swears by it for an upset stomach. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take a multi vitamin & some vitamin C! Your body is lacking vitamins and dehydrated. It works for me. A few vitamins, maybe some gaterade/water and for the most part I feel better.
  • Options
    CaromeliaCaromelia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry Val! I would recommend ibuprofen over tylenol though, tylenol gets in the way of the liver breaking down the alcohol in your system. For me Vitamin Water and Dunkin Donuts bacon egg and cheese plus lots of ibuprofen works...heh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards