Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Timeline - How Does It Look?

What do you think? Any changes you would make? We are 3 1/2 weeks out. Yikes!

9:00 am - Hair and Makeup Appointments for Bride, Mother of Bride, and Bridemsaids
12:15 pm - Depart Salon
1:00 pm - Bridal Party Arrives at Trillium to Get Dressed
1:15 pm - Photographer Arrives
1:45 pm - Bridal Party Departs for Location to Take Pictures
2:00 pm - Bridal Party Arrives at Location to Take Pictures
2:00-4:00 pm - Bridal Party Takes Pictures
4:30 pm - Bridal Party Arrives at Trillium to Relax Before Ceremony
4:45 pm - Ushers to Report to Ceremony Location to Seat Guests
5:15 pm - Groom, Groomsmen, Mother of the Bride, and Mother of the Groom to Report to Ceremony Location
5:25 pm - Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girl, Ring Bearer, and Father of the Bride to Report to Ceremony Location
5:30-6:00 pm - Wedding Ceremony
6:00 pm - Pastor Dismisses Guests to Patio for Cocktail Hour
6:00-6:50 pm - Photos of Bride and Groom, Wedding Party, and Immediate Families at Trillium
6:45 pm - Mistress of Ceremonies invites guests to enter ballroom and take seats
7:00 pm - Bridal Party Entrance; Bride and Groom Entrance - Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO
7:05 pm - Bride and Groom First Dance - Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caliet
7:10 pm - Cake Cutting
7:15 pm – Parents of the Bride Thank Guests for Attending (While Salad is Being Served)
7:15 pm – Parents of the Groom Say Prayer (While Salad is Being Served)
7:15-7:30 pm – Salad
7:30 pm – Toasts (While Main Course is Being Served)
7:30-8:15 pm - Main Course
8:15 pm – Dinner is Cleared/Dessert is Distributed
8:15 pm - Father and Daughter Dance – DJ Will Announce for Josh and Mother-in-law to Join at Halfway Point in Song            - My Wish by Rascal Flatts
8:20 pm - Mother and Son Dance – DJ Will Announce for Kate and Father-in-law to Join at Halfway Point in Song
8:25 pm – Call for All Guests to Join in Dancing
8:30-10:00 pm - Open Dancing
10:00 pm - DJ Calls All Single Ladies to the Dance Floor for Bouquet Toss
10:05 pm - DJ Calls Bride and Groom to the Dance Floor for Garter Removal - Let’s Get It On by Marvin Gaye (Garter Removal)10:08 pm - DJ Calls All Single Men to the Dance Floor for Garter Toss - Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO (Garter Toss)
10:10 – 11:45 pm – Open Dancing
11:30 pm – Bar Closes
11:40 pm – Final Dance
12:00 am – Bride and Groom Depart to Hotel  

Re: Reception Timeline - How Does It Look?

• Options
    We have the same first dance song! Our ceremony starts at 5:30 as well and we have a very similar schedule before the wedding as you.  My reception is a bit unusual b/c we have some older VIPs so we're cramming things in so that they can see all their favorite parts before they leave early.  The only part about yours that I think is different is the cake cutting before the dinner, may that's a regional thing? I've never seen it before.  All and I think it looks good. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KMLaraKMLara member
    First Comment
    The reception venue suggested doing the cake cutting first so that their staff would have time to cut and plate it. II thought it was a little weird too. Still thiking about that one.
  • Options
    Re: cake cutting. We are also cutting cake before dinner. The last wedding I went to did this, and then staff served the cake to the tables. It worked great because there was not a lot of leftovers. I have been to weddings where it seem the whole cake was left behind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards