Wedding Reception Forum
Options

need advise!!!

I am not having reserved seating at the reception.  However, I am having 4 reserved tables for the wedding party and their families, and my and grooms, family.  How do I go about letting the people who are going to be part of the reserved tables know about their placement.

Re: need advise!!!

• Options
    Tell them that you will have specific tables set aside for them...and then put their names on said tables? I guess?
  • Options
    If you do reserved seating for some, then you should do a seating plan for everyone.  It's not that hard.  If you want, you can assign people to tables intead of seats, then print out cards that say "Mr. John Smith, Table 7".    

If you don't assign tables, then you will need to have at least 10-15% more seats available than you have people attending because the tables won't fill up all the way (a family of four will start a new table rather than split up between two tables with two empty seats each).   More seating means more money on linens, rentals, centerpieces....

DSC_9275
  • Options
    We had two reserved tables for the wedding party at the front, and then one at the back for my elderly grandmothers to be away from the band. We just put 'reserved' signs up, and we let our wedding party and grandmothers know. Our grandmothers 'invited' people they wanted to their table, but we just wanted to ensure they were comfortable and were guaranteed a seat of their choosing.
    It worked out fine, but I would say we had total about 10 extra seats than guests which helped people sit and arrange how they wanted.
  • Options
    while it is ok to not do reserved seating for all, it's also REALLY REALLY easy to just assign tables for all of the guests. it will take you maximum 1 hour. no big deal.

• Options
    "advice"
  • Options
    Maybe you could sneak it in with their invite where they'll be sitting? That way no one else has to see it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It would be less of a headache to just do a seating chart.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_need-advise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:b1ca882a-3ef4-4c48-9d82-10e4ebce67eePost:c8edc4de-0ade-4623-a0ad-c79aba185100">Re: need advise!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be less of a headache to just do a seating chart.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

I agree.  You don't have to assign specific seats, but it makes more sense to assign tables.   This way everyone, not just the wedding party, will have a place to sit and nobody should have the school cafeteria "we're saving this seat" problem when looking for a seat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards