Wedding Reception Forum
Options

signature drink/champagne toast

Hey guys,

I was thinking about this yesterday just wanted to run this by people.  My fiance and I aren't big champagne drinkers and I really would like to have a signature drink at our reception. My girls are going to wear Sangria color for dresses so naturally I was thinking having Sangria as the drink, however, I was thinking of replacing the champagne w/ Sangria for the toast.  A few people thought it was a good idea...What do you guys think?? I know it's my wedding and I have to check w/ the venue to see how much extra that would be.  I think it's a cute idea!! Any thoughts?

Thanks Smile

Re: signature drink/champagne toast

• Options
    I love sangria, but I also love champagne, especially at celebratory events.  It's fine to have servers offering sangria and not to put champagne at each place setting, but I would still have champagne available at the bar for people that want it.  You can also just let people toast with whatever they are drinking.  
  • Options
    You don't have to have champagne, you can just let people toast with whatever they have in front of them.   

Sangria is fine, but I wouldn't serve it specifically for a toast, if that makes any sense.  I went to a wedding once where one of the signiture drinks was white sangria (white wine, some sprite or soda wate, and some berries and cut watermelon I think).  It was really yummy.
    DSC_9275
  • Options

Hi...I can't really help you with the etiquette on toasting, although to me it seems fine to toast with sangria...but I can help you with a delicious recipe for sangria that I found and thought about having as my signature drink for my wedding...see below for the link. Good Luck!!
    http://www.nutmegnanny.com/2009/11/04/honeycrisp-apple-sangria/

• Options
    I don't think it matters etiquette wise what you toast with.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your input and thank you for the recipe, it looks so delicious I might try making it this weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards