Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

photog reviews/recommendations?

Hi everyone!  Just wanted to see who you have considered or chosen for your wedding photog.  Also, has anyone heard or used Sandor Welsh?  I can't seem to find any reviews on him anywhere on the web. 

Re: photog reviews/recommendations?

• Options
    Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah Schulte!  She is FABULOUS :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kagkiki11 used him - try paging her.We are using Sarah Schulte - LOVE her. There are also a lot more recs on Val's blog in Welcome post.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also page Jewels - she used him too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I used Sandor Welsh.  My signature pic is one of his.  I've really need to make a married bio.  Anyway, if you are interested in seeing my pics, let me know.  Kagkiki's stuff is beautiful as well and I'm sure she'd share.
  • Options
    sweets0018sweets0018 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just used Sarah Schulte for boudoir and our wedding.  She is fabulous. http://ssphotography.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/dana-brian-married-9-12-09/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think our pictage account was still active, but apparently it is! Here ya go: http://pictage.com/673221Hopefully that works. 
  • Options
    lovemedo0676lovemedo0676 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Marc Anthony and couldn't be happier with my decision. www.marcanthonyphoto.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sandor was amazing and we were so pleased with his workand photos from the wedding.  Email me if you have anyspecific questions: kagkiki11 at aim dot com [link]http://tinyurl.com/y8hybvr[/link]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Andy Todes www.todesphoto.com I have also worked with Jenn Childress, and she is great too. www.jennchildress.com
  • Options
    iheartbillydiheartbillyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marc Anthony Photography all the way! 2 of my girlfriends used him and their pictures are unreal. Definitely worth looking into.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jenn Childress.  I love all her work I've seen and she is great to work with--she has a really fun personality.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mike Landis - Mikelandisblog.com We are using him - just got our epics back and theyre awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked Alyssa Maloof and she's probably the vendor I'm most excited to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I talked to Mike Landis, but he was already booked for my wedding date.  Wow, you girls are awesome....thanks for all the recommendations!!  I'm going to be meeting with Doug from Candid Moments and also Scott from Littlewing studio.  Does anyone have feedback on them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ryan Estes does amazing work, too!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doug did Larosita's pictures and they are fantastic!He is also doing my friends wedding and just did the engagement pictures for them, and they came out fantastic!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Ryan Estes, he's our 2nd shooter for our wedding, yay.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Doug Burns from Candid Moments, who was our wedding photographer.  Only complaint is that it took nearly two months to get our photos (I'm still waiting on the CD), but the pictures are WELL WORTH THE WAIT.  He's just becoming a busy man in higher demand these days.  Also love Sarah Schulte and had a hard time deciding between her and Douggie.  Sandor Welsh was absolutely fantastic at kagkiki's wedding, too!  I'm also going to throw Tony Hoffer (www.hofferphotography.com/) in there, who is not usually mentioned on this board, but whose photography I really, really like.  Had I known about him last year he would have been a contender, for sure. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You got great suggestions from the ladies on here, you really can't go wrong with any of them.  One other thing I would recommend is meet with your top contenders in person--find someone you click with because you will spend the whole day with them.  Good luck and happy hunting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cindy Guessford is my wedding photographer. We had our e-pic session with her in August. It was a blast and we love our pics! http://www.cindyguessfordphotography.com/index.php/View-by-tag/engagement/ (scroll down to Jill and Paul) Jenn Childress was my budoir photographer and she was fabulous. www.jennchildphoto.com Jenn was booked on my wedding date, so I went with Cindy. I would recommend both highly, they are fabulous to work with! I also met with Ryan Estes who is super sweet. I love his pictures but he was just a bit higher priced than Cindy. www.ryanestes.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Amanda Sharp, her website is: http://thesharpsphotos.com/She lives in Utah with her husband (who can also photograph with her for an additional fee) but has family is Pennsylvania and does not charge a travel fee to do PA weddings. She did portraits of me for her portfolio last year and did a wonderful job. She is such a fun person & would highly recommend her!
  • Options
    EatonpoosayEatonpoosay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After meeting with Marc Anthony I knew he was the one. Marc's work is stunning and he doesn't charge near what he should. He is way underpriced.
  • Options
    PhillyGirl885PhillyGirl885 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of Sandor Welsh on here or another wedding board and have heard nothing but good things.  Price is a factor for us in oue wedding, so we narrowed it down based on talent and also price:Sarah Schulte- Amazing pictures, super sweet and rave reviews on here! www.sarahschulte.comMelissa Chinici- I found her on the South Jersey knot board.  VERY affordable and also gets great reviews from the brides who are using and have used her. www.melissachinici.comCreative Imagery- Not mentioned on here too much but my coworker used them and had such gorgeous pictures.  Another affordable one! www.creativeimagery.org Others we liked but were over our range were Jen Childress, Ryan Estes and Candid Moments.
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kamilla Harris is also another great one! I am using Sarah Schulte, Marc Anthony just did FSIL and FBIL wedding and he was WONDERFUL and took amazing pictures.Doug was great at Larosita's wedding, and her pictures are ah mazing!!! Look at them all, meet with the one's you are interested in! G/L
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I almost choose Cliff Maunter, his work is beautiful but in the end didn't suit what I was looking for, but he is super nice and really talented
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm using Beth with Artistic Imagery. www.artisticimagery.com  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girls, your are fantastic with all the replies and recommendations!!  I love these boards cause everyone is so helpful!  I was getting frustrated cause my top 2 contenders...Mike Landis and Tony Hoffer were both booked for my date.  I had only met with Mike, and loved his personality...he felt so bad that he was booked.  Anyways, I will be meeting with Doug Burns this Friday, and from checking out LaRositaMonita's pics, I'm super excited that he will be a good match to what I'm looking for.  I'm still going to keep my options open and meet with Sandor Welsh and Littlewind Studio.  Thanks again girls for all the feedback, and good luck to the rest of you who are still planning!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oops...I meant LittlewinG Studio :) 
  • Options
    bstepenaskibstepenaski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually using a college friend of mine for my wedding. He does wedding photography asides his own artistic ventures. He's absolutely FANTASTIC in photography!! And I mean he shines - here's his link below. I wouldn't recommend him if I didn't feel he was good at what he does.http://www.thatchinesekid.comgo to his photography section - events - and there's two wedding examples you can check out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you liked Mike, you may want to meet with Ryan Estes. They are good friends and work with each other a lot to second shoot for each other because they have similar styles/personalities. Just a thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards