Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What song are you cutting your cake to?

2»

Re: What song are you cutting your cake to?

• Options
    mkjpopmkjpop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to Re: What song are you cutting your cake to?:
    "Fly Me Away" by Annie Little (aka "the song from the Kindle commercials"). And while most people say they didn't know if their song was played or not, I did notice ours. But I was also really excited about being sneak that song on to the play list somehow.
    Posted by RamonaFlowers

I LOVE this song... I might have to steal your idea. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    158 image 125 image 33 image 0image RSVP Date: May 27
  • Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I really wanted to have an ABBA song somewhere, so I picked I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do for the cake cutting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    we are doing sugar, sugar from the Archies. kinda gets everyone excited about eatign the cake! :)

BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• Options
    We are planning on playing "Meant To Be" by the Squirrel Nut Zippers.  We really wanted to play a song by them but didn't think it would go over too well with our parents and guests if we played "Hell" at our wedding.  Laughing
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_song-cutting-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:b6e9b0c2-6b40-4dd8-b3c5-9dc6a7e0ec94Post:74123110-9da2-4be6-aa11-1cb548382bac">Re: What song are you cutting your cake to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pour some sugar on me - Def Leopard
    Posted by efont[/QUOTE]

What a fun idea!! :)

Thanks for sharing
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_song-cutting-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:b6e9b0c2-6b40-4dd8-b3c5-9dc6a7e0ec94Post:3cef5948-c59f-4502-bbe5-27a424218549">Re: What song are you cutting your cake to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What song are you cutting your cake to? : "Fly Me Away" by Annie Little (aka "the song from the Kindle commercials"). And while most people say they didn't know if their song was played or not, I did notice ours. But I was also really excited about being sneak that song on to the play list somehow. Posted by RamonaFlowers I LOVE this song... I might have to steal your idea. :-)
    Posted by mkjpop[/QUOTE]

It's such a cute little song, and we're both big book nerds (My Kindle is the "other man" in our marriage, lol), so this was our super-subtle nod to that.

A few people actually did notice and later on asked us  "It's because you read, isn't it?", so that was pretty cool.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    all my life kci and jojo
  • Options
    Bob Marley- Is this love.

We are huge bob marley fans, have been to Jamaica numerous times as well as visted his home and where he is buried above ground. Do something that means something to you or that has words that express your relationship! It's all about the two of you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards