Wedding Reception Forum
Options

XP: Do you think this will clash?

I had this on my month board thinking I would get some responses, but so far no good... So what do you ladies think?

I have been gathering some stuff up for reception decorations and I think I have run into a problem. I am pretty set on buying chair covers (which I have already found some ivory ones at an awesome price from another bride) because the chairs at my venue are blue... which one hundred percent will not work with my theme, which is a rustic country feel. My colors are gold, burgandy and brown.

I just bought some beautiful table runners. They are taffeta (there is a picture of them on my website under Reception, TK won't let me upload photos). I did not buy the green ones. So, I am assuming that I will also have to find some ivory tablecloths to go with my chair covers.

I also wanted to use burlap on the tables along with the taffeta, maybe do every other table or something like that. My centerpieces are going to be two different sized stumps with a metal lantern, pearl bead garland, and candles.

My mother thinks that the burlap will clash... that everything else is too elegant and the burlap will take away from that. While I can see what she means, I also think it sort of adds to the "rustic chic" look I would like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards