Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Restaurant Reception - Parking?

Hi all,

We're having a small wedding of <50 guests and planning to have the reception at a restaruant to make life simpler. There's one we particularly like as it has a lovely patio area with a glass ceiling, but it's on a main street downtown and there is no dedicated parking. There are parallel spots on either side of the road and several lots within reasonable walking distance. I'm a bit worried about that. As a guest, would you find it off-putting/an inconvenience to have to park elsewhere and walk to the reception location? It's going to be a fairly casual affair so it's not like people will be walking down the street in formal wear or anything. But we ultimately don't want our guests to feel uncomfortable or turned off by this choice. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Re: Restaurant Reception - Parking?

• Options
    I wouldn't have a problem with it, but what about your elderly guests?  I suppose they might have handicapp parking, but I know my mother doesn't have handicap parking even though she has a really bad foot and knee.  If she needed to wear heels for your wedding, she'd be upset if she needed to walk far- someone would have to drop her at the door before parking.  Just something to think about.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_restaurant-reception-parking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:bf849b3d-d653-4755-b9dc-922866a21624Post:d5deb442-465e-4e86-b344-5eba9e9abba5">Restaurant Reception - Parking?</a>:
    [QUOTE] As a guest, would you find it off-putting/an inconvenience to have to park elsewhere and walk to the reception location?
    Posted by ellietachi[/QUOTE]

Nope!  That's every day life.
  • Options
    It's fine as long as the parking lots aren't too expensive.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    it's fine. if there's no dedicated parking lot they'll find a spot.
    to help them out if there are any muni lots around let your guests know where they are in relation to the venue.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards