Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Photobooth times

So we have a 3pm wedding, the lodge for the reception is 100 ft away. 30 minute ceremony. Party has to end at 9. Considering dinner at 4:45. We have a 3 hour block for the photobooth. Would you do 4-7, 5-8, or 6-9?

Re: Photobooth times

• Options
    Have it available as soon as the reception starts.  There won't be much interest towards the end.
  • Options
    I'm assuming the cocktail hour will start at 3:30? Get the photo booth for 4-7 and then around 6:30-6:45 have the MC (DJ or Band leader) say something aboout the photoboot leaving soon.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MsYeckMsYeck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    We don't really do cocktail hour at the state park, we do grab a beer out of the hourse trough (rented) or a glass of boxed wine. We would go in about 4, do first dance, toast and then dinner. We are doing pictures before the ceremony.
  • Options
    I voted 6-9 to make the most of the rental time you're paying for.  If you do 4-7, dinner would come right in the middle of that, and even 5-8 would be starting during dinner.  And I disagree that no one will care about it at the end of the night.  We opened our DIY photobooth after dinner and it was busy the whole time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with daveANDkristen. You'd be wasting money by having it be open during dinner time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    DD's photobooth was busiest after dinner, when people had a drink or two and were a litlle less inhibited.  Also, no one will want to get up during dinner to use it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_photobooth-times?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:bf8c953e-e22b-49c7-a37a-3dda2d82f991Post:91a19bf9-78d1-4525-8ca9-0d39da0f765c">Photobooth times</a>:
    [QUOTE]So we have a 3pm wedding, the lodge for the reception is 100 ft away. 30 minute ceremony. Party has to end at 9. Considering dinner at 4:45. We have a 3 hour block for the photobooth. Would you do 4-7, 5-8, or 6-9?
    Posted by MsYeck[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, the photobooth will be needing to be set up. Dependong on where you have it, do you want it set up during yuor dinner?

Also, my venue contract required everything be set up PRIOR to my wedding start time..make sure your contract doesn't say anything like...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards