Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How to do assigned tables?

Good morning!
I'm pretty sure I'm doing assigned tables at my wedding, but I'm trying to figure out how to actually do it. I'm putting name cards in the lobby, and hopefully they'll grab their name with their table, but once they get to their table, how do I ensure they get there? Do I put a list on the table of who's there? :S
Or do I just assume they're adults and they can probably figure it out? Thanks!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Due May 10, 2012

Re: How to do assigned tables?

• Options
    The table should have a number on it that corresponds with what is written on their place card.  So they'll pick up their place card, see the number on it, then go find the table with that number on it.  Then they'll sit down.  That's it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure I completely understand your question.

Are you thinking that Homer and Marge won't be able to figure out that

Mr. and Mrs. Homer Simpson  
    Table 8

means that they find the table with an 8 on it and sit down there?

because that's pretty much the process. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I'm a little confused too... but if you're trying to "assign seats" and not just assign TABLES, that's not necessary. Otherwise, if it's just the tables danieliza1127 has it pretty clear.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    Correct. I'm sure most people can figure it out, I just didn't know if I need to take it a step further. :) I've never been to an assigned table wedding so I just wanted some reassurance! Thanks! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Due May 10, 2012
  • Options

If you want people there to help, if for some reason people can't seem to find table 8 then I think that is what your ushers are for.  When my ushers (different from my groomsmen) are done taking pictures they are going to go make sure everyone is doing okay.  Other people will help to, if someone seems lost.

• Options
    Ushers are for the ceremony, not the reception.

It's really not rocket science to find a table.  Put a number on the table.  People will find it.  If you're having your reception in a venue that regularly hosts wedding receptions, they've done this 12.347 times already.  They'll know how to display the table numbers.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards