Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What do you think about this idea?

FI and I are HUGE Tigers fans! We are getting married May 2013. I originally wanted to do a candy buffett but after thinking about it I thought it might be cool to do a "Tigers theme" buffett..I was thinking peanuts, cracker jack, big leauge chew, orange and blue M&M;s and a popcorn machine....
We are also doing beer koozies as favors...They say our names and "Beerly Beloved"

Just curious what you think...I wanted to do something different. Our wedding is pretty casual, no frills just personal and simple. I thought that would be fun!

Opinions welcome! Thanks :)

Re: What do you think about this idea?

• Options
    Sounds cute! I like the orange and blue M&Ms for sure. And the beer cozy favors are adorable.

Just wondering though, this theme is only featured at the goodie buffet, correct? 

If so then I think it's super fun and you should definitely do it. If its contained at the goodie buffet it will be a fun and personal touch that's a nod to your favorite team. 

Just don't make your entire wedding look like a Tiger baseball theme party. KWIM?

Anniversary
  • Options
    I just have to say.... GO CARDS!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love it. Go Tigers!

Some of my friends got married and did a U of M themed candy bar. It worked really well. 
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I think it sounds like a really cute idea:-). I like the idea of limiting the theme to the candy bar though -- it is a fun way to bring in the colors and the theme without going overboard on the rest of the wedding:-)
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    SKPMSKPM member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    I like it, and I third the sentiment about limiting it to the candy bar. Candy is already kind of playful and fun, so it seems like the perfect place to throw in your sports colors. As opposed to, say, your invitations, cake topper, centerpieces, BM dresses, AND the candy bar.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Options
    sounds great :)
  • Options
     Well, being a Michigan MOB here, I think doing the candy bar like you describe is a fantastic idea!  Never been a koozie fan though.  I would just do the candy bar and limit the Tiger's presence to that.  (of course, the groom's cake is a whole other idea....).  Go Tigers!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I like it.  I have to agree with kmmssg on the koozies, though.  It's fine if you want to do them, and I think they sound cute, but if I were to take that home, it would just sit in a drawer somewhere, so I would probably leave it there.  If you think most of your guests would use a koozie in particular team colors with your names on them, go for it, but if it's stretching your budget or you would be upset to see many of them left behind, I would skip it.  
  • Options
    Go Tigers!  I like the candy bar with the Tigers' theme.

I do agree about the koozie.  Why do I want to use something that has someone else's name and wedding date on it?  In short, I don't.  Can you just get regular koozies instead?  I know you want to slap your wedding date on there but that makes it ten times less usable in my opinion.
  • Options
    I think it's a really cute idea!  My only suggestions would be 1) I don't have a problem with koozies, even personalized ones if I'm close to the couple, but I probably wouldn't spend the money since favors like this are so often left behind.  2) I might cut out the peanuts unless they are personal-sized sealed bags.  So many people, especially children, have peanut allergies these days and it wouldn't be worth the risk to me.  But if you know none of your guests are allergic, carry on!  Another ballpark treat you might include is cotton candy.

And seeing as my Cards will be clinching the pennant this weekend, see you in the World Series!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    the only part of this that is tigers is the m&ms.  the rest is just every baseball stadium :) if you want to make it true tigers you'll have to do soemthing more specific-liek food that you can onyl get at a tigers game.

but if it were me-id skip it and just do a candy buffet.

as for the beer koozies-i'd leave it behind.

• Options
    I love koozies, and do not care one single bit what is on them. esp. since I've accidentally thrown away my last couple and not realized what I'd done until after the garbage was taken out. I also love bad puns, so I'm sold.

I would cheat a bit, and not get enought for every guest, though. We got enough favors for about 80% of our guests, and still had several left.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies!  I'm glad you guys think it's a good idea...I think it will turn out really cute.  My actual wedding colors are pink and orange...The linens are white with pink and orange napkins...vases with pink and orange gerbera daisies and a black and white polka dot ribbon around them (just to break up the pink and orange) and pictures of us are the centerpieces.  I wouldn't consider blue and orange as our wedding colors :) lol

The koozies are just a fun extra....I would say 80% of our guests are boaters.  We are avid boaters as well, and we LOVE our koozies....I know they will be used with love out on the lake next summer, so that was why we decided on koozies. :)

I love reading everyones ideas!  Such creativity on these boards.

Thanks again for the feedback!
  • Options
    well, now that the Tigers are going to the World Series, you HAVE to do the blue and orange M&M's!
  • Options
    Sounds great! It must be special!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards