Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Deciding on beachy centerpieces....help!

I am having the hardest time deciding what i want to do for our beach themed wedding as far as centerpieces go. I am not going to do much with flowers but the thing I'm finding difficult is incorporating our wedding colors (coral and malibu blue) into our reception aside from the napkins! I thought I had the idea and even set up a demo I thought I liked. Now I'm having second thoughts. I was thinking vases filled with water or sand and seashells with floating candles and starfish on the tables. Also, I'd have 5 votives per table. I love having the glowing ambience effect of candles and lights. It's just hard being that beachy is neutral and having to add that pop of color is not coming very easily to me! Any help would be appreciated!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Deciding on beachy centerpieces....help!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    What about doing tulle or chargers in your wedding color and then a vase/bowl with sand/seashell/starfish and a candle?

This website has amazing ideas.
    http://beach-theme-wedding-ideas.com/beach-theme-centerpieces/

Edited to add: If you used a cylinder vase, you could easily tie a ribbon of your wedding color around the lower portion of the vase a few inches up from the bottom.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    Have you considered drift wood?  I think that is more of a fresh look for a beach look.  You could add your colors with a table runner, or have the vases like they have here and drop in some vase gems in your colors. 

• Options
    I was browsing the Dollar Tree website tonight to get vases in bulk for my centerpieces and saw this:

I really like the sand and you can do the candles in whatever color you like.  The best part is that you can buy these vases all for a dollar each!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm racking my brain trying to get all the little details together. I will definitely look into the Dollar Store for more vases. I was also going to look for Malibu blue and coral table runners.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_deciding-on-beachy-centerpieceshelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:c8eb32a6-dcfa-46a8-a2f9-d2ee4c3404d6Post:ba5d8b36-e008-41b8-b0cd-b911248d24a7">Deciding on beachy centerpieces....help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having the hardest time deciding what i want to do for our beach themed wedding as far as centerpieces go. I am not going to do much with flowers but the thing I'm finding difficult is incorporating our wedding colors (coral and malibu blue) into our reception aside from the napkins! I thought I had the idea and even set up a demo I thought I liked. Now I'm having second thoughts. I was thinking vases filled with water or sand and seashells with floating candles and starfish on the tables. Also, I'd have 5 votives per table. I love having the glowing ambience effect of candles and lights. It's just hard being that beachy is neutral and having to add that pop of color is not coming very easily to me! Any help would be appreciated!
    Posted by AmandaJoy7686[/QUOTE]

beachy isn't neutral. water's blue or green, sky is blue, different color flowers grow at the beach etc...and obviously the colors of one of your colors-coral! and fish, birds etc... so you can totally build on it.    unless your theme is really only sand-that's neutral-except if it's black sand.
    why not use colored vases or colored stones or water in the centerpieces? have a few tropical flowers on the tables as well.
    you can have colored candles, runners, coral, drinks, plates, chargers, menus, seating cards-whatever.

• Options

We were planning a beach themed wedding, we had to postpone it due to getting deployed but we were having each table be a differnt beach item instead of table numbers. so one table was the sand dollar and had sand dollar decoration, one table was star fish and so on

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards