Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Plastic or glass?

Thinking of doing a Sunday afternoon wedding (thanks to all you lovely ladies) and hor d'oeuvres for reception. So, question is can I get away with "nice" plastic ware? Doing a business casual type attire for guests and not huge extravagant decor. Using more of the outdoor garden scenery for that. Don't want anything tacky but my oh my would that cut costs for reception. Thanks ahead of time!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Plastic or glass?

• Options
    sunnilovesunnilove member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    ive seen some "silverware" that are heavy duty and actually are metallic silver color theyre quite nice you dont realize their plastic till you pick them up and even then theyre a classy plastic
  • Options
    Sunnilove: that is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Opinions on using them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been to weddings where they used plastic for all the mixed drinks at the bar. Honestly, the experience was not any better or worse than any other wedding. I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. To me, the important thing would be what was on the plate or in the glass, you know?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think upscale plastic would be fine :-)  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I'm getting married on the beach in May and we were planning to go with the clear plastic Chinette plates (they have some sort of wavy design on the edge) but my mom recently said she found white heavy-duty plastic plates that had a silver design on the edge. If I can get a picture of them, I'll post. We're using that silver-esque plastic silverware too :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    There are some very nice plastic party services that you might consider. Look at smartyhadaparty.com . Some are clearly one-time use. But others are the kind of thing you can save and reuse for backyard BBQs, picnics, b-day parties, etc. I found everything from silverware, cups, plates, the usual to large platters and punchbowls. You would be astounded by the range of plasticwear available these days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards