Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Speech Ideas

I am the maid of honor in my best friends wedding and the best man is a great friend of mine. We are both friends with the bride and groom and would really like to do something fun during our speeches. I have seen the whole " bring up your keys ladies to the grooms bachelor pad because you will not be able to use them anymore" but I am not a fan of it and it has been done so many times.  We both want to have our own time to say a few nice words but then we want to throw in something funny to do together. So we are in need of help. If anyone could help us out we would really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance

Re: Reception Speech Ideas

• Options
    Wow, that keys thing is the stupidest most tasteless thing I've ever heard of.  If I went to a wedding where someone did that, I'd find it rude and appalling.  Honestly, please don't add anything other than your heartfelt speech.  Really, I mean it.  Pretty much anything else will most likely come off as really stupid or lame and people really just want the speeches to be short and sweet so they can go eat.  Make a nice short sentimental speech where you tell them how much you love them and how much they mean to you.  Don't make stupid lame jokes or pull silly stunts.  They'll appreciate it.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards